Does your wife, girlfriend, boyfriend, partner understand your love of headphones?
Aug 21, 2007 at 5:22 AM Post #46 of 61
Quote:

Originally Posted by buddha911 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My dad understands because he spent $12,000 on some speakers, ten years ago.

I had to lie to my mom about how much my RS-1's cost.
frown.gif

Hm...my mom does not even know I have Edition 9s...but I go to school quite a few states away so secrecy is manageable.

Aug 21, 2007 at 1:00 PM Post #47 of 61
Quote:

My dad understands because he spent $12,000 on some speakers, ten years ago.

I had to lie to my mom about how much my RS-1's cost.
frown.gif

so what price did you quote?

Aug 21, 2007 at 2:06 PM Post #49 of 61
My GF doesn't care about sound quality but looks.
As long it's cute or cool, she likes it.

Aug 21, 2007 at 3:50 PM Post #50 of 61
Quote:

Originally Posted by captian73 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
so what price did you quote?

I really got them from TTVJ for their price, my dad pays the bills and agreed to let me use his credit card to order.

I told her, "$525, new. They were 25% off at a Fourth of July sale and I had to jump on them because they were as cheap as used."
rolleyes.gif

I still don't feel to good about the dishonesty.
frown.gif

My credibilty has just been negotiated.

Aug 21, 2007 at 6:06 PM Post #52 of 61
Quote:

I really got them from TTVJ for their price, my dad pays the bills and agreed to let me use his credit card to order.

I told her, "$525, new. They were 25% off at a Fourth of July sale and I had to jump on them because they were as cheap as used."
rolleyes.gif

I still don't feel to good about the dishonesty.
frown.gif

My credibilty has just been negotiated.

Now that's creative. You are now ready to get married and slide further down the slippery slope of lies. "These old things? I've had them awhile."
biggrin.gif
(48 hours.)

Aug 21, 2007 at 7:07 PM Post #53 of 61
That old slippery slope of lies huh?

You mean like my SE530 that cost £80 & the tomahawk that was £75? :-/

I feel bad about it but she mostly lets me spend (with in reason!) because she knows it makes me happy.

Aug 21, 2007 at 7:57 PM Post #54 of 61
The gf doesn't question, loves the set up and I think it helps that we are both into Classical and Jazz. And we both love the Senn sound. She never gives input as to where I steer the setup, but knows the setup very well. She knows exactly how much everything costs, but also knows that they retain their value very well. Supportive and encouraging (esp with the last bit of work I'm paying for - see sig). I even bought Nordost flatline RCAs and all she asked was, "oooooh, how do those work?" at which point we had a 5 minute discussion of how signals travel over cables and the supposed rationale behind the flatlines. Can't complain.

Yesterday, we were walking to the car and some street crew were leveling the sidewalk. One yelled to the other a measurement (elevation) of "650!", she suddenly turned to me, "What? 650s?"
biggrin.gif

Aug 21, 2007 at 8:30 PM Post #55 of 61
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Other Allen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Now that's creative. You are now ready to get married and slide further down the slippery slope of lies. "These old things? I've had them awhile."
biggrin.gif
(48 hours.)

What do you think women do with their dresses and purses. They sneak them into the closet and take them out later.
confused.gif

Aug 21, 2007 at 8:34 PM Post #56 of 61
It's my boyfriend who got me into headphones. At first I didn't understand it but the more and more he talked to me about and such, I started to really get interested in it. I mean here right? I am already scoping a pair of headphones that I want or I will just steal my boyfriends when he's not home. lol

Aug 21, 2007 at 11:11 PM Post #58 of 61
No she doesn't, that's why I have anything I buy shipped to my work address. I have a great expandable brief case! One pair of headphones looks like another to my wife.

My co-workers think I'm nuts...

As for my speakers, my Klipsch Cornwells cost me a new patio set she wanted! The Thiel speakers cost me new living room end tables and coffee table...and so forth!

27 years too....uhmmm 27 wonderful years! (keep forgetting the wonderful part!)

Aug 21, 2007 at 11:38 PM Post #59 of 61
Quote:

Originally Posted by headphonejunkie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What do you think women do with their dresses and purses. They sneak them into the closet and take them out later.
confused.gif

Definitely. I was kidding -- learned a long time ago that honesty is the best policy with the wife. We are at the point where I don't volunteer info and she doesn't ask. I mostly buy used now in the interest of marital harmony.
icon10.gif

Aug 22, 2007 at 6:16 AM Post #60 of 61
My Girlfriend bought me some SR60s three years ago at my request. Since then I've been hooked. She doesn't fully understand my passion for audio equipment/music, but she respects and encourages it(sometimes). In fact, she just bought me my Lisa III and gave me permission to order my Darths since they are cool looking.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back