Does your ADDIEM jack look like this?
Apr 10, 2010 at 8:20 AM Post #3 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by stonyboys /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just took these pics with my new Canon DSLR HD+ with super definition lens.

Umm. I think your camera might be defective.
wink.gif

Apr 10, 2010 at 8:45 AM Post #4 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by Painful Chafe /img/forum/go_quote.gif
wink.gif

It seems to me that the problem lies in the user
ph34r.gif

OP, what is bothering you about the jack?

Apr 10, 2010 at 1:18 PM Post #5 of 11
are u referring to the 3 rings instead of 2? If you are then they are for the left channel, right and then the mic

Apr 10, 2010 at 2:20 PM Post #6 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by Painful Chafe /img/forum/go_quote.gif
wink.gif

I think it might have been sarcasm
wink.gif

Apr 10, 2010 at 4:11 PM Post #7 of 11
Jack looks fine to me, but seriously if a Canon DSLR HD+ with super definition lens took that picture I'd be more concerned about the camera / lens
evil_smiley.gif

Apr 10, 2010 at 6:07 PM Post #8 of 11
I was joking about the camera part... Is there even such thing as HD+ and a super definition lens? They were taken with my old, old focusless camera.

Anyway, @KLS @rawrster, I was talking about the difference between mine and this one (pic from joker's thread)
appledualdriveriems400x.jpg

Mine doesn't have that white cover over the jack and it looks like my jack is longer.

Apr 10, 2010 at 6:11 PM Post #9 of 11
Old and new versions. The old one, with all-white rubber jack cover, will eventually come off. The newer ones, with a rigid shaft and a piece of strain relief, is better in this regard.

Apr 10, 2010 at 6:52 PM Post #10 of 11
That original jack is the same as on Apple's throw in earbuds, a piece of utter crap. I didn't know Apple revised the ADDIEM, that makes them worth a little more consideration now.

Apr 10, 2010 at 7:26 PM Post #11 of 11
Have the old one, the jack covering hasn't come away yet, although the rubber strain reliefs at the bud have. Nothing a little superglue can't fix.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back