Does Woo Audio Ship on time?
May 5, 2009 at 7:46 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

JwangSDC

100+ Head-Fier
Jack told me my WA 6 SE maxed would ship "before 5/6/09" but I have e-mailed him twice since april 29th and he hasn't responded at all. I'm getting a bit antsy and just want to know what to expect, I had high hopes of listening to my system over the weekend but have been literally dissappointed with the customer service on every single audio purchase I've made from vendors. They all subtly lie directly to my face and it's as if I'm just supposed to accept it.

May 5, 2009 at 8:14 PM Post #2 of 11
Maybe it's just me but when I ordered mine, I didn't care when I received it as long as it was within a reasonable time frame. I was never told an exact date but more of a time frame which I totally understand and expected. So you should be a bit patient unless you ordered it 6 months ago. I found the timeframe really reasonable considering the product quality, the workload, and the part ordering process (potential delays). As far as emails follow up, Jack always replied back within a reasonable time.

May 5, 2009 at 8:19 PM Post #3 of 11
When I ordered my amp in Feb 09, I was initially told 4 weeks, but it ended up taking close to 6 weeks due to parts shortage at the time. I haven't heard of anyone having to wait longer than that in recent months - wait time at Woo seems to have gone up recently due to their popularity.

May 5, 2009 at 8:19 PM Post #4 of 11
I got my shipping notice yesterday as expected. =) good enough for me

May 5, 2009 at 8:28 PM Post #5 of 11
My amp was shipped exactly on time, and e-mails were returned promptly for the most part. I think one time I had to resend an e-mail after no response for a few days, but most were returned within 48 hours. On the whole, their customer service was outstanding.

May 5, 2009 at 8:54 PM Post #6 of 11
My amp actually shipped 1 week earlier than originally quoted (5 weeks instead of 6)

May 5, 2009 at 8:56 PM Post #7 of 11
Yes...

I've bought two amps from him and both shipped within 4-5 weeks, as promised. I don't recall that he specifed a date, or number of days/weeks - I seem to recall he indicated "about 4 weeks," or something similar. I checked back with him in "about 4 weeks," or whatever the scheduled timeframe was... and he responded refining the scheduled delivery timeframe, which he met. But... it was within that general timeframe. I also recall, that I changed my order specs in the middle of the timeframe, and he adjusted the timeframe accordingly. But... always... communicated clear expectations.

Always returns my emails within 24-48 hours - usually in evening.

I'd be very surprised if he didn't ship when scheduled, or failed to return emails within 48 hours. That would be highly unusual.

Though... with the increased interest in his amps, the scheduled delivery timeframes may have extended beyond 4-5 weeks, especially, if you change your order.

In addition to quality products, his hallmark, has always been great communications.

If you're experience is different - there must be some extenuating circumstances.

May 5, 2009 at 9:12 PM Post #8 of 11
I see, my biggest issue is about expected wait time. I ordered my Amp on april 8th and jack specifically told me "will ship before 5/6/09". And he has never indicated any delay, but he's stopped responding to me in the last 5 days.

I'm going to wait until tomorrow before checking in on him again. It's not about overall wait time, it's about promising things and then not delivering. He didn't say "around 5/6/09". He said "will ship BEFORE". And everytime I followed up with him, he continued that same line of story until he stopped responding. Hopefully I"m just paranoid but my friend got a 5/1 ship date and Jack just stopped responding to him also.

May 5, 2009 at 10:45 PM Post #9 of 11
My WA6SE maxxed took about 5 weeks to ship.

Don't worry you will get your Woo and you will love it.

I have about 200 hours now on my Woo, and its just now starting to really fly.

Jack my be out of town now. Wait till mid week to e-mail and use the link on the Woo web site.

May 5, 2009 at 11:38 PM Post #10 of 11
Chill. Jack is one of the best vendors serving the Head-Fi community, his produce and service are top notch. I've never waited more than a day to receive an email response. I suspect Jack is away. Unless there are parts problems you'll have your amp in a few days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back