Does Tool ruin rock/metal?
Apr 23, 2006 at 9:07 PM Post #91 of 109
Quote:

Originally Posted by claymon
hell yea, they suck ass. i only like music that is simple, shallow, and super underground.

That's quite an inflammatory remark, which should be ignored, and I think that people should be allowed to share their opinions without attempting to provoke one another. Nonetheless I also think that comments like "tool sucks" and even "tool rocks" are completely worthless without any further explanations.

Apr 23, 2006 at 9:48 PM Post #92 of 109
Quote:

hell yea, they suck ass. i only like music that is simple, shallow, and super underground.

Personally I like music that constantly overreaches beyond the band's ability to pull it off. 20 minute epics divided into two tracks that ends up being nothing more than basic chord progressions and aimless jamming? SIGN ME UP

rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif

(ps: I actually like Tool, but give me a break, they're not the most amazingly deep and complex band ever no matter what their insane fanbase claims. Even Tool is put off by many Tool fans)

Apr 23, 2006 at 11:12 PM Post #93 of 109
Quote:

Originally Posted by Alu
That's quite an inflammatory remark, which should be ignored, and I think that people should be allowed to share their opinions without attempting to provoke one another. Nonetheless I also think that comments like "tool sucks" and even "tool rocks" are completely worthless without any further explanations.

my comment was hardly as inflammatory as saying "tool sucks." how is saying "tool sucks" in a tool appreciation thread sharing an opinion without provoking backlash? and why post about ignoring my comment, haha.

i guess it's just funny how snobby people get when they only listen to underground music and post rubbish about very respectable "popular" bands.

Apr 23, 2006 at 11:17 PM Post #94 of 109
Quote:

i guess it's just funny how snobby people get when they only listen to underground music and post rubbish about very respectable "popular" bands.

The person who said "Tool sucks" wasn't going on and on about "underground music" at all, other people were. Your reaction was a bit like kicking a dog because someone insulted you.

Apr 23, 2006 at 11:17 PM Post #95 of 109
Quote:

Originally Posted by steel102
what, as opposed to the mind-boggling complexity and intellectual heights reached by tool?

yes. they actually do quite a good job of that.

Apr 23, 2006 at 11:24 PM Post #97 of 109
Quote:

Originally Posted by sethsez
The person who said "Tool sucks" wasn't going on and on about "underground music" at all, other people were. Your reaction was a bit like kicking a dog because someone insulted you.

dude, just relax.

Apr 23, 2006 at 11:25 PM Post #98 of 109
Quote:

dude, just relax.

You're the one who got all offended first, chief.
wink.gif
This is a thread about Tool, so yes, people are going to share their impression of Tool.

Apr 23, 2006 at 11:34 PM Post #99 of 109
Quote:

You're the one who got all offended first, chief.
wink.gif
This is a thread about Tool, so yes, people are going to share their impression of Tool.

i shared my opinion. i think tool doesn't suck, and that such strong reactions against them are kind of absurd. have a nice day.

Apr 23, 2006 at 11:44 PM Post #100 of 109
Quote:

i shared my opinion. i think tool doesn't suck, and that such strong reactions against them are kind of absurd.

And if that's all you had actually said, this wouldn't be an issue.
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 24, 2006 at 12:07 AM Post #101 of 109
Quote:

And if that's all you had actually said, this wouldn't be an issue.
smily_headphones1.gif

i'm pretty sure that was the jist of all these posts. defending my initial one, which was of that opinion.

please explain where i went astray, in great detail, because this is all so important.

tool is a good band, i like teh music.

Apr 24, 2006 at 12:28 AM Post #102 of 109
Nobody minds that you like Tool, or feel like defending them. It was the stupid "yeah well your music is stupid too HUH HOW ABOUT THEM APPLES" comment that was annoying.

Whatever, this is getting silly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back