Does Tool ruin rock/metal?
Apr 24, 2006 at 1:36 AM Post #106 of 109
i enjoy tool as well. i just dislike this fanboy attitude that many seem to have that they are the end-all and be-all of 'creative music,' when in fact, most of these fans have not even bothered to search for anything else out of the mainstream.

Apr 24, 2006 at 1:47 AM Post #107 of 109
Quote:

Originally Posted by steel102
i enjoy tool as well. i just dislike this fanboy attitude that many seem to have that they are the end-all and be-all of 'creative music,' when in fact, most of these fans have not even bothered to search for anything else out of the mainstream.

yea, i know what you mean. it seems tool has a lot of fanboys, me included sometimes.

i just have problems with people who deny them any credit at all.

Apr 24, 2006 at 2:07 AM Post #108 of 109
Hehe, Tool are a bit like the iPod. A great band plagued by popularity and overly susceptible to "fanboy vs. anti-fanboy" collateral damage.
tongue.gif

Apr 24, 2006 at 2:12 PM Post #109 of 109
Quote:

Originally Posted by philodox
One thing that I am really interested in hearing is old stuff from the Notwist... apparently before they started their new indie electronic sound they used to be pretty hard core metal. I can't picture it myself, but it would be fun to hear.

the notwist used to be a hardcore punk band, maybe with a little touch of metal, but primarily punk (hardcore as in fugazi, not in slayer).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back