Does tin foil block electromagnetic waves (to a notable degree)?
Feb 18, 2010 at 3:37 AM Post #16 of 26
Or, contact Ultrasone and let them make you a "MU metal shield" suit.
And to your sig: In America it is easier. In Canada all you got are hockey sticks. In Europe, well, throw the French military at them, it'll buy you time.

Feb 18, 2010 at 3:46 AM Post #17 of 26
Oh crap, a bunch of Canadian zombies? "Brains, you hoser!" "More brains, eh?!"

Feb 18, 2010 at 4:46 AM Post #18 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by On the Effectiveness of Aluminium Foil Helmets
For all helmets, we noticed a 30 db amplification at 2.6 Ghz and a 20 db amplification at 1.2 Ghz, regardless of the position of the antenna on the cranium. In addition, all helmets exhibited a marked 20 db attenuation at around 1.5 Ghz, with no significant attenuation beyond 10 db anywhere else.

lol. seems like they saw some amplification at some frequencies. i'm not sure of the accuracy of this experiment though... 30 db of amplification is extremely significant.

Feb 18, 2010 at 6:04 AM Post #19 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by etiolate /img/forum/go_quote.gif
lol. seems like they saw some amplification at some frequencies. i'm not sure of the accuracy of this experiment though... 30 db of amplification is extremely significant.

I think what was important was the frequencies that were amplified - 1.2GHz is government owned...
ph34r.gif

Feb 18, 2010 at 6:31 AM Post #20 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by SiriuslyCold /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think what was important was the frequencies that were amplified - 1.2GHz is government owned...
ph34r.gif

More likely it's because they inadvertently created a parabolic antenna with a focal point somewhere in the user's head... Sounds like their measurement technique is a bit off too. That is one funky antenna if they're managing to get > 15 dB over the theoretical maximum gain at 2.6 GHz. Also don't see how they're getting that that massive 40 dB dropoff from 1.2 to 1.5 GHz

Feb 18, 2010 at 7:34 AM Post #21 of 26
I strongly recommend the ERS paper.

It can be very effective, as many experiments at Head-Fi have demonstrated.

It does not, however, help with the orbital mind control satellites.

Feb 18, 2010 at 8:31 PM Post #22 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Erik /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It does not, however, help with the orbital mind control satellites.

Then I shall stick to tin foil!

TinFoilTeddy.jpg

Feb 22, 2010 at 5:42 AM Post #24 of 26
They used to add "tin" and a number of other metals to what most call Aluminum foil today. Many of you get that shielding does work dependant on the material. As a government scientist, I did measure a few of the EMs that some of these poor souls felt were killing them. Like most folks, "chemicals" affect us all differently. As do varying doses of electromagnetic radiation...
It just drives some of use "nuts."

Feb 22, 2010 at 12:14 PM Post #25 of 26
How about tin foil fezes?

Feb 23, 2010 at 6:18 AM Post #26 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by ronnielee54 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hell yes. Haven't you seen "Signs"

Yes and the only good thing to come from that movie was, "Everybody just calm down and eat some fruit!"

I'm assuming a lead helmet may have some what better of an outcome?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back