Does this seem too cheap to you guys?
Feb 11, 2009 at 2:07 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 20

dazzer1975

Headphoneus Supremus
Feb 11, 2009 at 6:28 AM Post #6 of 20
Good choice on the Neutriks, I use them almost exclusively. Switchcraft may be nicer, but for most uses (portable, on my cheaper pairs of buds, etc) I'm not going to notice the difference anyway.

Feb 11, 2009 at 8:31 AM Post #7 of 20
They're cheaper at VT4C, without the nasty writing either.

Seriously though, go to VT4C and pick up some Yarbo 50RB, best RCA you'll see short of Eichmann Copper Bullets.
wink.gif

Feb 11, 2009 at 2:26 PM Post #8 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by John E Woven /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They're fake. Nakamichi does not make rca plugs.

That being said, i have a couple; they're pretty nice to work with.

errrmmm I think they actually do make RCA I used some a little while ago and I get all sorts of hits from all over the place when I googled it just now. and not all on ebay either

Feb 11, 2009 at 3:00 PM Post #9 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by qusp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
errrmmm I think they actually do make RCA I used some a little while ago and I get all sorts of hits from all over the place when I googled it just now. and not all on ebay either

I seem to remember somebody contacting Nakamichi directly and confirming that they don't make RCA connectors.

Feb 11, 2009 at 3:38 PM Post #10 of 20
ahh OK maybe so then; only ones I ever used were a pair that stevekelby sent me; dont know where he got them from, but seems a lot of seemingly reputable websites have been taken for a ride than. I dont see why they wouldnt make connectors for their AV systems that may have made it into the marketplace. it may not be a regular line of theirs that they sell, but perhaps they just had an overstock of them. because I dont see why somewhere would bother faking something that isnt a really notorious brand. I mean they arent known for their connectors, so why fake nakamichi brand RCA seems a bit stoopid

Feb 11, 2009 at 4:09 PM Post #11 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by FallenAngel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They're cheaper at VT4C, without the nasty writing either.

Seriously though, go to VT4C and pick up some Yarbo 50RB, best RCA you'll see short of Eichmann Copper Bullets.
wink.gif

Thanks for the heads up on that site, looks great, bookmarked with my small but growing list of diy resources.

Cheers for that.

Feb 12, 2009 at 1:42 AM Post #12 of 20
Have a look for a guy on ebay, vintage audio labs.... see the WBT typr he is selling? Well I have used those a good few times now and really like them. They are as good as eichmanns although a little quirky to sodler to. The central conductor hsa a screw down fitting, but there really isn;t anywhere obvious for the ground to go to. However I just solder to the body. In any case the SQ is good, the build is good and durable. A problem I have with many regular RCAs is that they weaken with repeated plugs/unplugs. The screw down lock is a good idea I think.

Having said all that, those 50RB look very nice and I must pick up a set at some stage. What is VT4C like for shipping?

Fran

Feb 12, 2009 at 1:53 AM Post #13 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by fran /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Having said all that, those 50RB look very nice and I must pick up a set at some stage. What is VT4C like for shipping?

50RB are fantastic, at $12/pr, I greatly prefer them to the $20+/pr Cardas RCAs. Shipping is reasonable, but greatly depends on weight. I just placed a fairly large order from them a yesterday, $100 for EMS shipping on a 10kg box. Usually shipping is $30-$40 on non-heavy things, but I always order a lot of stuff (they have discounts at different price breaks so I usually end up ordering $400+ worth of stuff at a time).

Feb 12, 2009 at 3:55 AM Post #15 of 20
Have you thought about using Neutrik XLRs instead of RCAs?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back