Does the Sundara (most recent revision) have a metallic timbre?
May 24, 2021 at 11:46 PM Post #2 of 7
For those of you having experience with the most recent version of the Sundara, would you say there is a metallic timber to the sound, or is it natural sounding? Thanks
There are way too many variables to get a reliable answer to this question. The only thing you can rely on is the answer, "In my set up, with the music that I listen to, they sound metallic / natural to me."

So, having said that, in my set up, with the music that I listen to, they sound natural to me.

Last edited:
May 24, 2021 at 11:58 PM Post #3 of 7
Thank you for your input! And yes, my question makes the assumption that the people answering the question are doing so from personal perspectives pertaining to their individual set ups and musical preferences. My answer will be derived from the cumulative response of hopefully many individuals with differing setups and musical tastes.

May 25, 2021 at 12:02 AM Post #4 of 7
Ok, but that renders the information unreliable. You can't be sure if it's the headphone, cable, source, music or just the person's hearing (some are more sensitive to high frequencies than others).

This is simply to say that all headphones can be made to sound metallic under the right circumstances.

May 25, 2021 at 12:15 AM Post #5 of 7
Ok, but that renders the information unreliable. You can't be sure if it's the headphone, cable, source, music or just the person's hearing (some are more sensitive to high frequencies than others).

This is simply to say that all headphones can be made to sound metallic under the right circumstances

Ugh...OK.

Anyone else care to take a stab at the original question?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back