Does the RSA predator require burn-in?
Mar 9, 2013 at 5:39 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

essential-oils

Previously known as jlesnick
Was able to hear a well used Predator a few days ago using my JH 16's, it sounded magnificent.  Went ahead and got one, and while the imaging for the mid/high is extraordinary, the low-end is incredibly muddy, I can barely make anything out in those frequencies, and it it doesn't seem to be extending as far the 16's can go.  Do these really require 200-300 of burn-in, or should I assume that I got a bum unit?

Mar 9, 2013 at 5:57 PM Post #3 of 5
Quote:
IMO AMPs, cables need some burn in time to settle and after burn in they sound better, wait for at least 100hr and you will hear the difference.

I was told to leave it running as often as possible using pink noise.  Does it make a difference if it's hooked up & running with pink noise w/out headphones plugged in, or do headphones need to be plugged in?

Mar 11, 2013 at 11:31 PM Post #4 of 5
I think headphone plug in is better because it feed the signals to headphone and even after 24Hr normal burn in you will get the adea, either the unit is not working properly and you should contact with RSA or it will settle down. Normaly bass is pretty good (on Predator) out of the box and it just need tighten up and get more resolving.

Mar 12, 2013 at 12:59 AM Post #5 of 5
If you look on old Predator threads in the portable amp section, you will find the Predator benefits from 1000's of hours burn in to fully tighten up. Once done, it does sound very. very nice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back