Does the ety ER-6i lack bass?
Dec 9, 2007 at 2:20 PM Post #16 of 20
LOL. If you put it that way, nothing is hearable because sound IS movement.
anyway, after one full day of research I think I'll get the UM1 (eyeing it since the beginning). The only other choice to me is the sf 5 pro and I can't afford the extra $50. earphonesolutions with holiday15 coupon ($15 off) for um1 is about $95. Great! Or maybe used sf 5 pro? idk...dual drivers

Dec 9, 2007 at 2:38 PM Post #17 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by MaZa /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If one manages to get good seal AND set them on good depth (not too deep nor too far), there is bass. Bass punch is good and all is heardable, but its flat sounding through the frequency response with slight boost on highs which gives Etys a fantastic clarity. The bass is just not strong, it doesnt have pronounced midbass boom to give a sensation of strong bass.

What? Bass IS hearable. Even deep regions are hearable, not just feelable. There are flat and light headphones that can play truly very deep regions (like K701), but are IMHO unnaturally basslight (my first gripe on K701) in quantity. You are right that headphones have problems moving enough air, so we have to rely on hearing mostly when judging bass. Some headphones try to cover the fact by pronouncing mid and upper bass to give senstation of strong deep bass easier, while truly deep regions around 50Hz and below MIGHT be lacking depending on quality of headphone

Read the article of headphone bass and overall listening headphones:
HeadWize - Article: Judging Headphones For Accuracy (A HeadWize Headphone Guide)

...or did I miss your point completely?

you missed the point completely lol.

no what i was talking about is sub frequencies. theres bass then theres sub bass, your right bass is audible to the ear but good sub bass is better felt than heard. sub bass thatis heard is usually called a honk, honking is bad and is caused by the drivers inability to create the bass

Dec 9, 2007 at 2:38 PM Post #18 of 20
SF5 EB will be another choice but you will have to burn it in for at least 150hrs first. Cheaper too.

*should we ask the OP to have a hearing test first so we won't need to argue about what range of sound human can hear while (s)he might not even capable of hearing those 'sub' freq? Just get a pair of 'ear speaker' and get done with it!
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 9, 2007 at 2:39 PM Post #19 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by jinx20001 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
you missed the point completely lol.

no what i was talking about is sub frequencies. theres bass then theres sub bass, your right bass is audible to the ear but good sub bass is better felt than heard. sub bass thatis heard is usually called a honk, honking is bad and is caused by the drivers inability to create the bass

Then I stand corrected. Your post gave me completely different view what you meant, but then again im not native eng(r)lish speaker anyway.
redface.gif

Dec 9, 2007 at 2:51 PM Post #20 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by MaZa /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Then I stand corrected. Your post gave me completely different view what you meant, but then again im not native eng(r)lish speaker anyway.
redface.gif

yeh sorry mainly my fault, i was trying to say sub frequencies are alive and sound good when you have that visceral movement in the bones and because earphones cant do that they tend to boom, an we dont like that because its not accurate its wobbly

Users who are viewing this thread

Back