Does the current Rudistor RP010B come with a remote volume control?
Aug 19, 2010 at 1:56 PM Post #2 of 11
Not as standard.
New versions have the improved XLR headphone sockets.

Aug 19, 2010 at 4:20 PM Post #3 of 11
Thanks. Yep, Rudistor said no on the remote, even as an option (which is funny because there are reviews here showing actual pictures of the remote). I guess they discontinued it. Too bad, that would be a nice feature.

Also, how hot does it get? Thanks in advance.

Aug 20, 2010 at 12:53 AM Post #4 of 11
It runs very cool, it's a very nice amp you won't be disappointed for sure.

Aug 20, 2010 at 12:22 PM Post #5 of 11
Thanks for the info. Yeah, I've noticed although people complain about Rudistor, everyone who has heard this amp says it sounds just unbelievably great. I can't recall one negative comment about the sound quality.

Aug 20, 2010 at 1:03 PM Post #6 of 11
I am impressed by the build and sound quality.
I can understand people who actually own it complaining, but I can't understand those who haven't even seen it and making lots of noise.

Aug 20, 2010 at 4:04 PM Post #7 of 11
I thought the same thing, noticing that a lot of folks who criticized the design were not owners or had even commented on the sound, so I can't tell if they heard it or not. These criticisms may be legitimate, but, still, I think in the end it's performance that counts.

I also noticed that this amp is now about $1200-$1300 less than it was 2-3 years ago. I guess that is because of the Euro, but I'm not sure. If so, it's nice of Rudi to pass that savings directly on to U.S. buyers. So now it is only $1K more than the Luxman P1U or Apache.

Aug 22, 2010 at 4:50 AM Post #8 of 11
I bought mine one year ago, and I wanted a remote - the user's guide even discussed it still - but Rudi said they dropped it for simplification.

I had a small hardware issue - the 1/4" sockets were loose-fitting - but Rudi took care of it asap.  The amp's SQ is fantastic - detail and music, with such timbre and real presence - and it has commanding power - it can even drive K1000s.  I highly recommend it.

Aug 22, 2010 at 6:19 AM Post #9 of 11
Very nice indeed, excellent SQ but in my opinion and with my system, it cannot drive the K1000's to the level I would have liked.
Did you have to send yours back to Italy to get the sockets fixed?

Aug 22, 2010 at 8:06 PM Post #10 of 11
Yes, and though it's been over a year now and my memory may be fuzzing me, but as I recall it was on his dime.  Rudi was very firm about wanting to take care of it right. I have absolutley no complaints, just lots of enjoyable music moments. 

Most impressive is its absolutely transparent SQ --- it has proved to be equal or better than every component upgrade I've made in the system and every comparison I've made.  In the end, it is always at least one iota better or more enjoyable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back