does stax make a headphone that isn't ugly?
Feb 6, 2007 at 3:30 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 33

Therrol

New Head-Fier
I demoed some stax headphones at the music shop today, and all I can say is.... wow. Holy crap. Those are the most clear headphone i've ever listened to. I am very intent on saving for a pair.

but honestly, I could never allow anyone to see me wearing them. That isn't stopping me from buying a pair, of course, but jeez. I wish they didn't all look 30+ years old.

Feb 6, 2007 at 3:32 AM Post #2 of 33
OmegaII

/thread

Feb 6, 2007 at 3:56 AM Post #4 of 33
oh god. I google searched those headphones, and my first reaction was "holy crap! I have to hear these!"

and then I looked on ebay, and suddenly I dont' want them so bad anymore
frown.gif

Feb 6, 2007 at 4:26 AM Post #7 of 33
now that doesn't scream blockhead.....no sir
biggrin.gif

Feb 6, 2007 at 4:31 AM Post #9 of 33
That was one funny thread title! I agree that the Omega II's are a very nice looking pair of headphones. They also exude quality in terms of fit and finish. The 4070 are a disappointment in comparison, but I love the sound of them!

Feb 6, 2007 at 4:33 AM Post #10 of 33
I had no problem with my 404. I consider buying a new amp to put in my office and bring my 404 with me whether going home or work. (it is too bad that I can't use 404 while I drive.)

This thread remined me this.

===

I can't find review for the new 727 amp. I wonder how it compare to 717. (or should I get EA1/4 or KGSS) Ultimately, I will use it with 4070 (the most sexy headphone on the planet. Oh well, that is what I thihk....)

Feb 6, 2007 at 4:39 AM Post #12 of 33
It's an acquired taste, but I personally think the Lambda series all look very nice. If you're more into "conventional" good lucks, then Omega II.

Feb 6, 2007 at 4:41 AM Post #13 of 33
Actually, I quite like the looks of the SR-202. The others are ugly colors but the black 202 looks pretty slick.

Feb 6, 2007 at 4:52 AM Post #15 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by nothing101 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i think the black omega looks awsome!

I agree, but mostly because they are a later creation. I think if the black ones were the only choice for several years, people would say the same thing about the brown ones when they "came out" (as something new). But that being said, if both were available when I bought mine, I would have bought the black ones! I think...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back