Does Sennheisser mark their cans for the blind?
Sep 7, 2006 at 11:12 PM Post #16 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by muckluck
Don't all single cable entry cans have the cable on the left side? That's how I always determine which way is left. I know the models mentioned aren't single entry, but I figured I'd ask.

Yep but if you have cables in both sides, then if you are blind, which is which??? HD600, 650, 580, have dual cablesm probably later on they extended to all of the them as a normal practice or a courtesy, or maybe mandatory by any absurd law they have in Europe...they have a couple BTW...

The CD3K has one dot on the right side, and non of the left, not sure what that means

Sep 8, 2006 at 12:10 AM Post #17 of 23
The raised bumps would also help sighted people to know which side is which when putting headphones on in dim lighting - ?? Dunno. Or maybe it is for the folks that are assembling the headphones so they know which side is which before the written label is in place.
tongue.gif

Also, it is odd that the majority of phones with such markings have them on the left side, while the CD3000s, as SovKiller noted, have the bump on the right.

Holly

Sep 8, 2006 at 12:58 AM Post #19 of 23
Same here! I'm surprised to find the majority of the people here don't use it. For me, whenever I grab my 650s my finger feels for the bumps without me even thinking about it.

Sep 8, 2006 at 1:04 AM Post #20 of 23
It's very convenient if you do most of your listening at night/in the dark.

Sep 8, 2006 at 2:06 AM Post #21 of 23
Yup but even with the three bumps I got out my label maker and made two small labels. one left and one right that I positioned over the little L and R so it is easier to see.
blink.gif

Sep 8, 2006 at 2:50 AM Post #22 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by stratsrule335
Same here! I'm surprised to find the majority of the people here don't use it. For me, whenever I grab my 650s my finger feels for the bumps without me even thinking about it.

I always felt for these whenever I would grab my HD600's out of habit, loved that feature . . .

. . . and was glad to see it is also on my PX100 and PX200
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back