Does Play.com take returns?
Feb 7, 2009 at 3:28 PM Post #3 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by Luca T /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't know, you can check it in the section "terms and condition" it's on the bottom of the play.com's page under the phone number!

Read more thoroughly
Quote:

I can't seem to find it on their website

Obviously I would have done that first... Then when you press terms and conditions, then general you are given so much text. I have scanned the text several times and can't seem to find any info on it.

Feb 7, 2009 at 4:15 PM Post #5 of 20
Do you actually have some problem with them? Unless they are faulty, play.com will not exchange/refund them. I wanted to return a pair of earphones because they didn't fit me but without any chance. Sold them here afterwards, everyone was happy in the end.
However, if they developed a fault, play.com will have to deal with the warranty.
Hope this helps.

Feb 8, 2009 at 9:23 AM Post #8 of 20
of course you can, you arent being very clear though in what it is your asking

are you asking if something breaks if yuo can send it back for repair/replacement under warranty, yes you can

can you send things back becasue u dont want it any more, yes buy you only get 7 days, via distance selling regulations

Feb 8, 2009 at 9:25 AM Post #9 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by mark2410 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
of course you can, you arent being very clear though in what it is your asking

are you asking if something breaks if yuo can send it back for repair/replacement under warranty, yes you can

can you send things back becasue u dont want it any more, yes buy you only get 7 days, via distance selling regulations

Post #7/Option 1. If so, then that's ok I guess
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 8, 2009 at 9:58 AM Post #10 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by walkingman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
By law they should accept returns within seven days.

Distance Selling (Mail Order, Telephone and Internet Shopping) Quick Facts - BERR

That's a very handy link - Thanks.

It doesn't mention anything about opening the box etc that I know a lot of suppliers play their face over. Saying that once you've opened it or damaged the box, then it's not re-sellable for them. A lot of the time you obviously have to damage the box to get in there. I've discussed this before with SoozieQ, I wonder where we stand legally regards to it? It's pretty clear on that webpage where we stand legally regards to returning an un-opened box, they haven't got a leg to stand on.

Feb 8, 2009 at 12:47 PM Post #11 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mors /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That's a very handy link - Thanks.

It doesn't mention anything about opening the box etc that I know a lot of suppliers play their face over. Saying that once you've opened it or damaged the box, then it's not re-sellable for them. A lot of the time you obviously have to damage the box to get in there. I've discussed this before with SoozieQ, I wonder where we stand legally regards to it? It's pretty clear on that webpage where we stand legally regards to returning an un-opened box, they haven't got a leg to stand on.

Mors, about opening the box and trying out the goods.
Quote:

Can I insist that consumers who cancel an order within the cancellation period return the goods as new or in their original packaging?

3.58. [size=small]No.[/size] Consumers are under a duty to take reasonable care of the goods while in their possession.
The DSRs allow consumers to examine goods they have ordered as they would in a shop. If that requires opening the packaging and trying out the goods then they have not breached their duty to take reasonable care of the goods. In these circumstances you cannot insist that consumers return the goods as new or in their original packaging. You may ask consumers to return goods with the original packaging, but you cannot insist on this.

How can I resell the goods as new if they have been opened and tested by the customer?

3.59. The DSRs do not provide any general exception to the right to cancel on this point.
The DSRs do not link cancellation rights with a supplier’s ability to resell items as new.

And restocking fees are not permitted under the 7-day cooling off period. They all like to list restocking fees in the T&C, but the 7-day provision doesn't allow for any restocking fees whatsoever.

EDIT: As far as I'm aware, DSR's only apply when both buyer and seller are located in the UK.

Feb 8, 2009 at 1:58 PM Post #12 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by walkingman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
By law they should accept returns within seven days.

Distance Selling (Mail Order, Telephone and Internet Shopping) Quick Facts - BERR

That would be nice - I've gone through a claim against play.com because of my headphones. Unfortunately, this law doesn't apply on the item that for hygienic reasons cannot be re-sold. And that's exactly the case with earphones. You stand virtually no chance..

Feb 8, 2009 at 10:23 PM Post #13 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by cassper /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That would be nice - I've gone through a claim against play.com because of my headphones. Unfortunately, this law doesn't apply on the item that for hygienic reasons cannot be re-sold. And that's exactly the case with earphones. You stand virtually no chance..

Hmm, that's a good point. Wonder how the hygeine one stands up :/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back