does my laptop use optical/coaxial ?
Feb 19, 2007 at 10:12 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

LostOne.TR

1000+ Head-Fier
Hi. I have a HP Dv 6000
In the front of my laptop, there are 3 ports. 1st is for Microphone.
and the next 2 are for dual headphones -- the last one is "one with high-definition digital audio support (S/PDIF capable)" as I've read on quite a few sites describing my laptop.

But to me, all 3 ports look the same, like your average port that takes a 3.5 mm

included is one website with such mention of my laptop here

and here is a picture of the dv9000 (exactly the same front ports as my dv6000, just that the website doesnt show the 6000 from the front, whereas the picture of the 9000 does show the front ports.)
13958.jpg

Could anyone tell me if I'm supposed to use a Coaxial or an Optical cable for this port. Or maybe even both? Or is there some special converter I don't know about?

thanks for your help ahead of time.

Feb 19, 2007 at 6:47 PM Post #2 of 3
So you didn't check your notebook manual, I gather...
evil_smiley.gif
Anyway, for SPDIF use, it's an optical port - just not using TOSlink, but optical mini (1/8" / 3.5 mm) instead. So, if you already have a good standard TOSlink cable, you can use an adaptor like this one: http://www.berlin-satshop.de/tos-lin...nkelt-K361.htm

Greetings from Munich!

Manfred / lini

Feb 19, 2007 at 9:47 PM Post #3 of 3
ooh. didn't know such a thing existed. Thanks!
and I'm pretty sure the manual/box have been thrown away. only thing i did take out was the UPC thing to get my rebate lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back