Does MP3 player require burn-in???
Feb 17, 2010 at 4:35 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

Bengkia369

1000+ Head-Fier
does it require or not???

Feb 18, 2010 at 1:22 AM Post #3 of 12
This topic was discussed for many times. there are many different opinions.

My opinions is burn in is needed.

These opinions said burn in has no help, maybe they don't experience the hi end DAPs. for the general DAPs has small potential to be improved.

The more high grade player, the more important for burning in. This is my basical conclusion.

Feb 18, 2010 at 1:44 AM Post #4 of 12
Now I’ve heard it all, your DAP does not need any arbitrary period of time when it’s new to sound different. I’ll agree that headphones or dynamic driver iem’s do need some time to settle in for best sound and warming up your solid state amp or tube amp for 10 minutes or so, but thinking that more hours on a DAP is going to change the sound is just a myth. It’s more likely that you will become more accustom to the sq over time …

Feb 18, 2010 at 2:54 AM Post #5 of 12
^ Most "burn in" that people think they hear is their mind getting accustomed to the signature of the sound that they're hearing.

Some equipment does benefit such as amps and dynamic drivers but things like armatures and cables don't require burn in.

Feb 18, 2010 at 3:10 AM Post #6 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by Young Spade /img/forum/go_quote.gif
^ Most "burn in" that people think they hear is their mind getting accustomed to the signature of the sound that they're hearing.

Some equipment does benefit such as amps and dynamic drivers but things like armatures and cables don't require burn in.

there is still a amp in MP3 player, right?

Feb 18, 2010 at 3:31 AM Post #7 of 12
If the burn-in religion on this forum has reached the status where its fundamentalist gorbschite has people possibly thinking that their MP3 players need 1/100 as long as the K701 with its 3000 hours "bass bloom" plugged into the very expensive but contextually low powered portable amp connected to that same MP3 player then it really is time to declare get-a-grip war on that cloud of nonsense spewing fools.

Turn on, pick album, press play, adjust volume.

Wait 4 weeks, upgrade headphones, repeat.

Feb 21, 2010 at 10:22 AM Post #9 of 12
I won't entirely write off burn in, but in a DAP I would be highly skeptical. I pretty much draw the line at headphone drivers and tube amps. I also would rather listen to the headphones than have them sit on my desk playing pink noise.

Feb 21, 2010 at 1:33 PM Post #11 of 12
Burn in w/a dap is just you getting used to the combo of hp's/iem's and player itself. Really, players don't do burn-in, it's a friggin myth. The hp's/iem's burning in is a debatable thing as well, I'm mixed on that 1.

Aug 29, 2018 at 1:48 PM Post #12 of 12

So wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back