Does KSC75 benefit with a Headphone Amp.
Feb 2, 2008 at 9:30 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

TheMafioso

Head-Fier
Hi Guys,

I recently purchased Koss KSC75 and i'm loving the SQ it has to offer.
I was further searching around the net for improving SQ, and some guys say Koss KSC75 show improvements with headphone amplifier. That would be obvious, I guess...but I'm using a computer with Creative X-Fi as source.

Now I don't have any problems of source bieng not able to drive the phones as such which other people using it with Ipods, etc may have...infact I normally set the volume to 40-50% as higher volume is just too high for me..

Is investing in a Headphone Amplifier justfied...I won't be buying any high-end headamp also, just a simple Cmoy based with better op-amps...

Regards,

Feb 2, 2008 at 9:48 AM Post #2 of 9
Yes, the KSC75 improves A LOT with an amp. I use the headsix on it and the difference is huge. The sound will be a lot fuller, bass impact will be better and more controlled, smoother more forward mids and smoother highs. Definitely get an amp for it.

I got an amp specifically for my beyers, but the difference between an amped and unamped ksc75 is stunning.

Doing an A/B test will make the unamped one out of an X-FI sound very thin and boring compared to being amped. But in general amped or not the ksc75 are very fun sounding, it's just better with an amp
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 2, 2008 at 3:39 PM Post #5 of 9
I must say despite being a cheap little clipphones, the KSC 75 improves tremendously when amped.

Yes, i'm not joking. All the custom designed amps i built for my own use are tested using the KSC 75. And EACH and everytime of it impresses me..

I'd say don't bother with cmoyish configuration. Go with a pint style. LM6172 x2 for differential three channel configuration. Kicks more ass this way
biggrin.gif

Feb 2, 2008 at 3:46 PM Post #6 of 9
I don't know a single headphone which do not benefit from being driven by a dedicated external headphone amplifier. Don't see why the KSC75 should be an exception...

Feb 2, 2008 at 4:38 PM Post #8 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by TzeYang /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'd say don't bother with cmoyish configuration. Go with a pint style. LM6172 x2 for differential three channel configuration. Kicks more ass this way
biggrin.gif

Sounds pricey..since I have to buy it prebuilt as i don't have the skills for building an amp.
I'm going for an cmoy amp due to budget...Can you recomend anything good to get me started for $30-$40 (yes, i am cheap
biggrin.gif
)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back