Does iPhone deserve headphones higher than 100USD?
Apr 28, 2012 at 2:14 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 22

Silver

500+ Head-Fier
I have been listening to iphone 4 with SR80s and SE215s. The results are satisfactory enough. As you know, all those are entry level stuff. I am just curious if the cost will justify the improvement did I move to say Grado SR225 or SE535. To make me all the more skeptic, my music collection is MP3 of various bitrates.

Apr 28, 2012 at 3:40 AM Post #6 of 22
Don't sweat it - aac sounds great, and most people won't be able to tell the difference between well recorded/encoded aac256 and lossless - especially not on a portable device.  You'll get plenty telling you they can easily - most will not actually subject themselves to a proper abx test.  Try it yourself time - it'll open your eyes.

Also - as an owner of the iPhone4 - it sounds great with higher end iems/cans.  I use mine with my SE535 LE and Grado 325i, and I also use an iPod Touch 4 + Arrow for them, and for my HD600 / DT880.

It's a good sounding source.  Just get a good amp for anything needing more power.

Apr 28, 2012 at 4:16 AM Post #7 of 22
Apple products sound a lot better then most people give them credit for. Even the apple earbuds (oh god did I just lose any and all credibility!?) sound pretty good for an earbud. It's just that Apple is the standard to judge against nowadays. I'd say go for it. 

Apr 28, 2012 at 4:44 AM Post #8 of 22

Quote:

Aside from lack of bass i never thought ibuds were bad. They are clear and detailed. is there a census here that they are bad? I don't think they are. They aren't horribly offensive.

Maybe because I have been listening to Sennheiser MX760, iBuds are like totally unacceptable to me most likely for its apparent lack of bass.

Apr 28, 2012 at 4:56 AM Post #9 of 22
The iPhone may not deserve it, but the children who toiled away to their injury on your iPhone's behalf certainly deserve better. Please, no more injured children.

Apr 28, 2012 at 5:00 AM Post #10 of 22

Quote:
The iPhone may not deserve it, but the children who toiled away to their injury on your iPhone's behalf certainly deserve better. Please, no more injured children.

Do you know how many products originate from Foxconn? Seriously, I'd wager most of your guys smartphones, laptops, and desktops have a foxconn chip inside them. If you own a X-Box you definitely do. A lot of your T.V.s as well. 

Apr 28, 2012 at 5:20 AM Post #11 of 22
Let's not rationalize. Forget not the exploited because there are those more exploited. This is about the children.

Apr 28, 2012 at 5:23 AM Post #12 of 22

Quote:

Industrialize all of china to live like america and there will be no world.

Industrialization of all countries to consumer levels we take for advantage here is resource suicide.

I think it's best we let them live the way they do. If they complain and hate it so much they will eventually revolt.

AND. We're way off-topic. I shouldn't have kept it going either.

Apr 28, 2012 at 5:26 AM Post #13 of 22

Quote:
Let's not rationalize. Forget not the exploited because there are those more exploited. This is about the children.

Topic is :

Does iPhone deserve headphones higher than 100USD?

Why don't you maybe take the off-topic 'social dilemma' debate to another thread - hey, maybe make your own?

Respectfully .... this has NOTHING to do with the topic at hand.

Apr 28, 2012 at 8:09 AM Post #14 of 22

Quote:
I have been listening to iphone 4 with SR80s and SE215s. The results are satisfactory enough. As you know, all those are entry level stuff. I am just curious if the cost will justify the improvement did I move to say Grado SR225 or SE535. To make me all the more skeptic, my music collection is MP3 of various bitrates.

yh, you will notice an improvement from your iphone with higher tiers. i certainly hear the dif even with a sansa clip
whether you think its worth the cash is up to you :p

Apr 28, 2012 at 8:25 AM Post #15 of 22

Quote:

in short yes, higher end iems will sound just as good with the mp3 bitrate and iphone

Users who are viewing this thread

Back