Does humidity effect IEMs?
Jul 9, 2010 at 5:45 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

nukeu666

New Head-Fier
Over the last month, as monsoons's have advanced in India, I've felt my RE0's change sound
They used to sound clear, now it is sort of subdued/underpowered/unamped/muffled
Can it be due to the high humidity here now or could it be a cause for rma?

Jul 9, 2010 at 11:58 AM Post #2 of 6
How long have you had them, Head Directs Build quality and durability is not the best in the business. Same happened with a pair of RE2s TWICE, but only on one side. Do yours sound the same (muffled) on both IEMs? (right and left).
My last RE2 pair, the headphone jack just gave in and everything started sounding like static.

Jul 9, 2010 at 1:30 PM Post #3 of 6
Remove the filters and check if the foam inside the nozzles has caught moisture. Remove the foam and try it out , and reinsert it later.Not sure if the new RE-0s come with the foam inside by mine did.

Jul 20, 2010 at 3:45 AM Post #4 of 6
Update:
After keeping my iem's in a closed box filled with rice which acted as a dessicant, my RE0's sound brand new again :D
Or maybe it's just me

Jul 20, 2010 at 4:40 AM Post #5 of 6
Nope, outside of drying crystals (I swiped some from my lab
ph34r.gif
), rice is one of the best solutions for removing moisture from electronics. It worked for my phone which I dropped in water, as well as old IEMs which became wet from exposure to sweat. It's great, easily available, and cheap...what more can you ask for?

Jun 26, 2016 at 5:38 PM Post #6 of 6
are customs affected too by humidity ? last 10 days the weather is hot and humid and i am wondering if my NT6 would benefit from this 'rice in a box' trick 

any thoughts ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back