Does Headfi promote relationship among races and nationality?
Jul 9, 2005 at 6:21 AM Post #16 of 58
Quote:

Originally Posted by bln
Just because his name references Biggie and he lists "basketball" as an interest in his profile, huh? Way to make a stupid assumption.

It's not an assumption at all--many head-fiers have met and interacted with Biggie at headphone meets and have seen for themselves that he is afro-canadian.
wink.gif

Jul 9, 2005 at 6:39 AM Post #17 of 58
Quote:

Originally Posted by hentai
But i got a feeling that if we meet up in real life and interact with one another, in anything else besides audio, it will be a different story

That is very possible. But, just because someone disagrees with my viewpoint on a specific subject doesn’t mean I don’t respect him or her as a human being. There is definitely more than one way to look at something, and I understand that people come from different cultures, beliefs, and backgrounds. I like to think of myself as a strong willed person not impossible.

Also, I would guess that this is the reason for the outside forum being taken away, which I think was an excellent idea.

Jul 9, 2005 at 6:48 AM Post #18 of 58
Quote:

Originally Posted by CRESCENDOPOWER
That is very possible. But, just because someone disagrees with my viewpoint on a specific subject doesn’t mean I don’t respect him or her as a human being. There is definitely more than one way to look at something, and I understand that people come from different cultures, beliefs, and backgrounds. I like to think of myself as a strong willed person not impossible.

Also, I would guess that this is the reason for the outside forum being taken away, which I think was an excellent idea.

Yeah, i agree . Btw seeing your profile , it seems you like tube amps. I am targeting the Audio Valve RKV mkII as my future dream headphone amp, what's your opinion of it?

Well everyone , try not to cross the line into sensitive racist problems or getting personal in this tread , otherwise RickG will close it.

Jul 9, 2005 at 7:04 AM Post #19 of 58
Quote:

Originally Posted by bln
Just because his name references Biggie and he lists "basketball" as an interest in his profile, huh? Way to make a stupid assumption.

In my opinion, these kinds of posts are best resolved via PM, so that it doesn't clutter the thread. This kind of talk could have been silently conducted and still silently solved, IMO.

We have a whole lot of these posts going around, so don't feel I am just picking on you, bln. This is just the first one I saw.

PS: I only publically posted this one because I felt everybody should read it.

Jul 9, 2005 at 7:19 AM Post #20 of 58
Quote:

Originally Posted by hentai
Yeah, i agree . Btw seeing your profile , it seems you like tube amps. I am targeting the Audio Valve RKV mkII as my future dream headphone amp, what's your opinion of it?

Well everyone , try not to cross the line into sensitive racist problems or getting personal in this tread , otherwise RickG will close it.

I could easily sell any piece of equipment I own except the HD-650s, Audio Valve RKV II, and Wheatfield HA-2. Simply put, I think these audio products are so good they could make me cry. Does that mean you will feel the same way? I don’t know?

Jul 9, 2005 at 7:29 AM Post #21 of 58
Quote:

Originally Posted by CRESCENDOPOWER
I could easily sell any piece of equipment I own except the HD-650s, Audio Valve RKV II, and Wheatfield HA-2. Simply put, I think these audio products are so good they could make me cry. Does that mean you will feel the same way? I don’t know?

I agree , different people have different taste but from the way you describe it , sounds great.

Jul 9, 2005 at 8:11 AM Post #22 of 58
this is a very weird topic, but yea... i think nationality and race never was a question or concern on head-fi, and i would hope not on any forum. doens't matter what race we are, the fact that we love audio and hi-fi brings us together. i don't care what race or religion fellow head-fier's are, just that they have something relavent to post about audio.
orphsmile.gif

Jul 9, 2005 at 9:01 AM Post #24 of 58
I think one of the great things about Head-Fi is that it removes the physical appearance of the people from the equation. Young people's opinions count as much as older peoples, ugly people's opinions count as much as gorgeous people's, actually what seems to matter is the validity of their thoughts and opinions and that's a great thing.

Jul 9, 2005 at 10:20 AM Post #25 of 58
It's the person I deal with not the race, creed, colour, sex or height
biggrin.gif

It's nice knowing the background so you don't make an unintended insult.

A work friend of mine asked me what sort of present to take back from London to a wedding he was to attend in Malaysia and I suggested a clock! Little did I know that would be interpreted as a bad omen suggesting a limited amount of time left to live!

We have a great tv ad where a UK businessman at lunch with chinese host clears his plate (sign of good manners in UK) and the offended host takes it as a sign he is still hungry and orders a bigger live eel from the waiter. The UK guy forces himself to eat it all, so the host orders the biggest eel (15 foot long). The UK guy gulps and adjusts his napkin (British spirit means he'd have to try to eat it)
icon10.gif

Jul 9, 2005 at 11:36 AM Post #26 of 58
I've always felt that HeadFi is a mixed bag of crazies, in the audiophile sense. We're all different people, but collectively we're all audiologically insane
biggrin.gif

...And that's what makes HeadFi great!
5000smile.gif
Abe

Jul 9, 2005 at 2:28 PM Post #27 of 58
Quote:

Originally Posted by StevieDvd
It's the person I deal with not the race, creed, colour, sex or height
biggrin.gif

It's nice knowing the background so you don't make an unintended insult.

A work friend of mine asked me what sort of present to take back from London to a wedding he was to attend in Malaysia and I suggested a clock! Little did I know that would be interpreted as a bad omen suggesting a limited amount of time left to live!

We have a great tv ad where a UK businessman at lunch with chinese host clears his plate (sign of good manners in UK) and the offended host takes it as a sign he is still hungry and orders a bigger live eel from the waiter. The UK guy forces himself to eat it all, so the host orders the biggest eel (15 foot long). The UK guy gulps and adjusts his napkin (British spirit means he'd have to try to eat it)
icon10.gif

You know why? Because the 2 words ' send clock' if you translated into chinese words it will mean funeral.

Jul 9, 2005 at 2:40 PM Post #28 of 58
Quote:

Originally Posted by adhoc
actually, i thought i saw a picture of him in a meet thread (it turned out to be lan). original post has been updated - perhaps i should've added the disclaimer 'may'.

Way to make a stupid assumption.
rolleyes.gif

Well its alright, don take it to heart. Its just a misunderstanding.

Jul 9, 2005 at 3:53 PM Post #29 of 58
You all look like whiteboys to me
tongue.gif

For some reason, I that's how I picture you guys, even though I know there are a lot of asian and hispanic/latino members. And tuberoller. j/k

No big deal to me, I just hate a**holes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back