Does Chase bank suck or do they all do this?
May 29, 2009 at 4:12 AM Post #16 of 29
I've never paid a fee to cash any check from any source at Wells Fargo, ever. Nor have they declined to cash a check.

So yes, Chase sucks.

Edit: This is on a free checking account BTW.

May 29, 2009 at 4:53 AM Post #17 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by MCC /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've never paid a fee to cash any check from any source at Wells Fargo, ever. Nor have they declined to cash a check.

So yes, Chase sucks.

Same here. I've been banking with them since I was 8 and I have never had a problem with them declining to cash a check, etc, and since I've been with them so long, and always keep a decent balance going in all of my accounts, I very rarely ever get charged fees for anything anymore either. Usually the only time I get charged a fee nowadays is when I get a brand new teller, who's just learning. Heck, even when I used to work for them for a year as a teller, I was told by my supervisor to specifically waive fees when accounts were either high balance, or the customer was a long time customer (10+ years). Sucks to hear about so many other people having so many problems with other banks.

May 29, 2009 at 5:05 AM Post #18 of 29
Not to mention that Wells Fargo has excellent phone service. I always get through right away to an intelligent and easy to understand rep that gets the job done, for free, in minutes.

May 29, 2009 at 5:14 AM Post #19 of 29
Quote:

Ask your dad to send you money another way first. Ask your bank what form they would be willing to cash: cashier check, money order, etc.

The problem with this is that his father would then be charged a fee to obtain a money order or cashier's check.

May 29, 2009 at 7:30 AM Post #20 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by zotjen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The problem with this is that his father would then be charged a fee to obtain a money order or cashier's check.

True, maybe. It depends on a few factors... Most places do it for free but I know what you mean. I've seen charges for Money Orders such as $1.50, etc.

May 29, 2009 at 6:09 PM Post #22 of 29
I agree with the comments on USAA and ING Direct. USAA is only for military, but ING direct is for anyone. ING Direct is an online bank, but if you call them you will always get a call center in the US.

May 29, 2009 at 7:08 PM Post #23 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sduibek /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's the same company now
wink.gif

DOH! Forgot about that....
redface.gif

May 29, 2009 at 7:19 PM Post #24 of 29
NSAA is explicitly, only for military? Like no chance at all that I can join?

In other news, I am moderately familiar with how Credit Unions work and the general idea of them, but what the heck is an "online bank"? I have the Wikipedia page for that open at home to check out tonight, but I don't even understand how this works. Is it like a legitimate and conventional financial institutional's version of Paypal? DD or EC funds into it, and then get a debit card in the mail? I don't get it and have never heard of this before...

Sounds cool though. I Googled for "bank refund ATM fees" and found a page with 10 Ways To Avoid ATM Rip-Offs, and another page with a list of 49 Banks That Will Refund ATM Fees. Sweet! Good ol' Google...

Cheers,
-Sdu/DK

May 29, 2009 at 10:28 PM Post #25 of 29
I Have Washington Mutual, which is now Chase. I figured id give them a try and if they suck ill go to a Federal Credit Union, or TD Bank. Ill have to research i guess.

May 30, 2009 at 4:54 AM Post #26 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by Drag0n /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I Have Washington Mutual, which is now Chase. I figured id give them a try and if they suck ill go to a Federal Credit Union, or TD Bank. Ill have to research i guess.

Let us know how it goes...

I liked WaMu OK I guess when I banked there... the Free Checking is nice (Bank of America charges $30 for reprinting checks, bastards) but their Customer Service was mediocre in my experience. Plus they usually had moderate-to-long wait times at the branch(es).

May 30, 2009 at 6:16 AM Post #27 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by MCC /img/forum/go_quote.gif

So yes, Chase sucks.

After using several banks over my life, I use Wells Fargo too. They are great. The reason i do is at one point in back in 1990 they cashed a money order even though i had no account there and i told the manager i would try them next time around for accts.

Later i opened one and have never regretted it.

B of A on the other hand charged me to cash a check written from there bank at the branch it was written from---i used to work in banks and i don't even know if it is legal to do that......i will never ever open an account there and now I see why it was a bragging point of my college that they burned down the branch there in the college town in 1969 or 70.

Edit- i have a Chase card that was a Washington Mutual card originally, they upped the rate once a few months back dramatically for no reason and i paid it off and don't use it anymore. Just got a letter they are upping it again, i think to around 24.99% --insane, it was like 9.9% under Washington Mutual, not my lowest rate card but not bad, now Chase, wow! No more for me that's for sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back