Does changing from cable to connectors improve sound quality? Are different built connectors affect sound quality?
Sep 20, 2010 at 12:10 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

nkkuma

Now known as gogators.
I currently use a normal RCA cable to connect Dac (Pico) to amplifier (Little dot MK5). Will the SQ of the rig be improved if I use 2 RCA male to male connectors to connect the Dac with amplifier for elimination of the cable part? I searched online, there were connectors from 0.5$ to 8$. Will different connectors affect the SQ? thanks.

Sep 21, 2010 at 1:38 PM Post #3 of 4
Don't bother TBH. Just stick with your cables. You'll end up over-straining the connectors on the equipment unless everything aligns perfectly and they are level with each other. It'd only take one well (mis)placed knock to do damage too.

Sep 21, 2010 at 4:08 PM Post #4 of 4
Thank you very much for the reply, I understand that there might be a chance to damage both end of Dac and amplifier. however, the Pico Dac I use is very small and light, so might not jeorpedize the RCA jacks. SQ wise, will eliminate the cable part increase the quality of the rig? as people invest hundreds for the phone cables, I think that the analog signal cable between Dac and amp also affects SQ. So, eliminate this part may prove the rig. thanks. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back