Does ATH M50 White Model get dirty easily?
Jan 1, 2013 at 4:52 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Neighbor808

New Head-Fier
I want to buy ATH M50WH but I am afraid of quick age and wear even if I clean and take of them. I will be using them in my home mostly but I will also take them out to school sometimes and outside a little bit if the weather is favorable. They will have some portable use. How do you think they will hold up? Should I just go with black?

Jan 1, 2013 at 5:56 PM Post #2 of 5
Heya,

White, porous plastic, always shows dirt & grime. Doesn't matter if it's a headphone or a watch or a cell phone case.

Take a look at your finger nails. If they're commercial worthy, then do what you want. If they're not, well, I have bad news...

Very best,

Jan 1, 2013 at 7:40 PM Post #3 of 5
I own one here, it does get dirty easily but only the headband will. I have been using them for 3 months but they still look really white to me, though.
If you keep your hands cleaned (or should I say: don't touch the headband too much), it should be fine. In case they get dirty, you can just use a special substance for cleaning leather to wipe off.
Anyway, if you are not the type to preserve the headphones too carefully(which is annoying), don't buy them.

Jan 1, 2013 at 8:28 PM Post #4 of 5
I really appreciate the responses, guys. I am generally one to carefully preserve electronics and keep them in good condition, until I get a few months with them, I don't take it as seriously but I would still clean them. As much as I wanted the whites, I may now be leaning toward the blacks because the dirtiness seems annoying :/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back