Does anyone use mog?
Apr 28, 2014 at 8:27 PM Post #152 of 201
"Rdio has begun to convert its entire existing catalog to the AAC format and will deliver 320KbPS as our new standard"

Oooooooh man. If they put everything in AAC that means that even at LOW quality it's gonna sound fantastic. 
eek.gif

Apr 30, 2014 at 9:25 AM Post #154 of 201
How long will it take to convert everything?

Depends on how much hardware they have. I mean they obviously have all the master tracks, and there's 20 million of them or so. The question is just how quickly they can fire through them all. I can't imagine it's gonna take terribly long, but it won't be overnight.

May 13, 2014 at 12:48 PM Post #155 of 201
Was a MOG user but left them when Beats became the future. I'm now a very happy RDIO user. I have to say though that more often than not, I'm turning on Songza. Love their curation when all I want is background music.

May 22, 2014 at 11:26 AM Post #156 of 201
If you have the AT&T Family Plan, BEATS has a great offer going....un-BEATable compared to prices for other music subscription services.

5 people ... 10 devices ... for $14.99/month after 90 day free trial.

The web access need serious work, but the phone app is good.  I prefer the MOG desktop app!!!!!!!!

We have just been signed up for about a week, so far so good for all family members.

May 22, 2014 at 11:44 AM Post #157 of 201
I am currently test driving Sony Music Unlimited free 30 day trial.

It is $9.99/month with mobile device, and there is a $4.99/month PC option.

It is easy to use, good layout, bitrate is 320AAC (change to HQ mode in settings)

I had the $4.99 plan with MOG and would probably use the Sony $4.99 plan if it were just for me.  But we have signed up for the AT&T Beats plan, so I guess we will stick with that, unless the price goes up or the (potential) Apple takeover gets rid of it.

It might be worth a trial for anyone looking for a MOG replacement.

http://evolver.fm/appdb/app/sony-music-unlimited/

May 22, 2014 at 7:37 PM Post #159 of 201
Give Rdio a "upload your own music" feature and it's unstoppable. I have a LOT of stuff from Bandcamp. 

I mean, I suppose I could use Rdio and then the free Google storage locker...

Jun 4, 2014 at 2:25 PM Post #161 of 201
Was waiting until MOG officially went out before subscribing to another service. Glad I caught wind of the Rdio bitrate improvements, I'm not an Rdio subscriber and loving it!

Jun 4, 2014 at 2:27 PM Post #162 of 201
  "Rdio has begun to convert its entire existing catalog to the AAC format and will deliver 320KbPS as our new standard"

Oooooooh man. If they put everything in AAC that means that even at LOW quality it's gonna sound fantastic. 
eek.gif

Why does AAC sound better?  I'm not too familiar with the codec details.

Jun 4, 2014 at 2:57 PM Post #163 of 201
I don't mean to be posting repetitively, but I just found out my favorite feature of Rdio... If I am playing Rdio from the app on my mac through my stereo, I can control what the mac app is playing via my Rdio iOS app remotely.... COOL!

Jun 4, 2014 at 9:43 PM Post #164 of 201
  I don't mean to be posting repetitively, but I just found out my favorite feature of Rdio... If I am playing Rdio from the app on my mac through my stereo, I can control what the mac app is playing via my Rdio iOS app remotely.... COOL!

Off-topic but how do you like the JH5 Pro from the Westone 3? I just sold my Westone 3s to pay for my customs and wanted to know your opinions, leaning toward 1964ears V3.

Jun 13, 2014 at 5:49 PM Post #165 of 201
  Off-topic but how do you like the JH5 Pro from the Westone 3? I just sold my Westone 3s to pay for my customs and wanted to know your opinions, leaning toward 1964ears V3.

To jump in here....I owned W3 and JH5 together for about a year.  A huge fan of W3 before until many recent new releases came into the picture.  I have have owned my JH5's now for almost 5 years.  Still original (and very green) cable.  They have been amazing workhorses and are truly a "poor mans" JH16 which I also owned.  Actually had all 3 at same time for about a month.

JH5 versus W3:

BASS:  Amount is about the same but JH5 has no midbass hump.  I wouldn't say it extends REAL DEEP or anything but it is abundant and pretty linear.  Should satisfy even a basshead.
MIDRANGE:  JH5 is superior.  Even though it technically has a bass driver and a treble driver,for  the way it is tuned, vocals are very very good.  No complaints at all.
TREBLE:  Again very similar. Not huge extension but not overly rolled off either.  Very adequate.  With a touch of EQ it becomes more than adequate.
SOUNDSTAGE:  W3 is larger for sure but that is also one W3's greatest attributes.  JH5 is closer and more intimate, much like my W40.

They are both pretty bold and fun with the JH5 probably being a little more "correct." 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back