does anyone speed cube here?
Feb 28, 2010 at 8:26 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

beamthegreat

500+ Head-Fier
I started cubing on 7th grade and after 1 year of pratice I can solve it in less than 20 seconds!! Anyways, Im just wondering if any head-fi knows how to (speed) solve a rubiks cube. Here is me solving a rubiks.com diy assembly cube.
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Feb 28, 2010 at 8:29 AM Post #2 of 17
and if you also speedcube please post your video solving it!!

Feb 28, 2010 at 9:12 AM Post #3 of 17
Sorry, I'm not familiar with this stuff so forgive me if my questions are dumb.

Do you simply take a "solved" cube and them mix it up with a preset/memorized pattern so that you have the solution memorized, or do you mix it up completely randomly and solve it that way? If I took a cube and mixed it up myself would you (or other cube solvers) be able to solve it as quickly?

Feb 28, 2010 at 9:13 AM Post #4 of 17
There's a kid in my maths class who does this, except with far less awesomeness; it takes him a whole period normally. Also, his cube is black.

Oh, and he's a bit of a dick.

Feb 28, 2010 at 9:17 AM Post #6 of 17
Not anymore. But was really into it in the early 1980s when the hype ran string around here...

Feb 28, 2010 at 9:32 AM Post #7 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by intoflatlines /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sorry, I'm not familiar with this stuff so forgive me if my questions are dumb.

Do you simply take a "solved" cube and them mix it up with a preset/memorized pattern so that you have the solution memorized, or do you mix it up completely randomly and solve it that way? If I took a cube and mixed it up myself would you (or other cube solvers) be able to solve it as quickly?

I dont think its possible to memorize the scrambles and solve it by reversing it but theres a method on how to solve it. Its called the Friditch method, so we basically solve it layer by layer until we finally finish it. So, yes I am able to solve the cube even if other people is mixing it up for me.

Feb 28, 2010 at 5:44 PM Post #10 of 17
There was a resurgence of cubing my senior year of high school, and I was able to crack 35 seconds, but could not get it faster than that...I think I needed a different algorithm to go faster lol

Feb 28, 2010 at 6:06 PM Post #11 of 17
It's just remembering a few algorithms right? I mean, if you remember those, you can solve them all. I couldn't bring myself to do it thousands of times if I knew those tricks, too boring.

Feb 28, 2010 at 6:12 PM Post #12 of 17
...people can actually solve those?
confused_face(1).gif

Feb 28, 2010 at 6:36 PM Post #14 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by Graphicism /img/forum/go_quote.gif
...people can actually solve those?
confused_face(1).gif

Just solving them isn't that hard. There is an algorithm which you just repeat over an over again which solves it eventually. Solving them fast is a lot more difficult and takes skill.

Feb 28, 2010 at 11:31 PM Post #15 of 17
People who can solve those quickly are usually douchebags. Just trying to accomplish something like that, oh I can solve it in under 20 seconds, would make me automatically not want to be friends with the person.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back