Does anyone own a pair of koss td-65's ?
Jan 28, 2002 at 2:29 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Tom M

500+ Head-Fier
I have a pair of koss td-65's that I owned for about 5 years now. Just recently the connection on the left channel broke. So I am now in the process of getting it repaired. They are a little tight and uncomfortable on the head but I always like this model. What do you think of koss td-65? Was this a good model?

Jan 28, 2002 at 2:44 AM Post #2 of 8
I have a pair, though I don't know why I still have it. Don't worry about repairing it, it's not worth the effort. The sound is very muddy, w/ boomy bass and poor soundstaging, compared to the good stuff. If you're curious, every headphone in my profile sounds much better than the TD-65.

Jan 28, 2002 at 3:42 AM Post #4 of 8
Yeah man.. I used to have a pair of these. Horrid.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 28, 2002 at 4:21 AM Post #5 of 8
ya my friend has a pair and swears by them....i dont like them though, too dark and boomy for my tastes....

plus...they have "KOSS" in REALLY BIG WRITING on the side which is kind of icky....

Jan 28, 2002 at 4:47 AM Post #6 of 8
back in my days of cheap headphone buying I owned these in a combo package with some rotten cheap earbuds. These were better than the earbuds. The 60s were better than the pretty Sony street styles decorative noisemakers that I also owned. the TDs were better than the $100 MSRP Sennheiser HD500s. that's all the good things I can say about them. The $25 UR20 (itself pretty junky) seems to be roughly 50 times better than these. avoid!

Jan 28, 2002 at 2:27 PM Post #7 of 8
Quote:

Originally posted by delenda est Sony
back in my days of cheap headphone buying I owned these in a combo package with some rotten cheap earbuds. These were better than the earbuds. The 60s were better than the pretty Sony street styles decorative noisemakers that I also owned. the TDs were better than the $100 MSRP Sennheiser HD500s. that's all the good things I can say about them. The $25 UR20 (itself pretty junky) seems to be roughly 50 times better than these. avoid!

The same ones I had! Disgusting, boomy, one-note bass, grainy mids and putrid highs which barely existed! Looking at the design it was easy to see they stuck cheap $0.20 headphone drivers in a big enclosure and slapped a big earpad on it to boost the bass frequencies.... The drivers even had those dome metal shaped coveres with holes in it.. You know, the ones they have in REEEEEEALLY cheap headphones.
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 25, 2013 at 4:38 PM Post #8 of 8
I have the TD/65s, and they have bass, not very good bass, but it's still there.  It doesn't really have anything else.  They are heavy and get quite sweaty after some time.

I also own Koss earbuds, and they sound HORRIBLE.  My cheapo $5 earbuds sound better.  I stay away from Koss.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back