Does Anyone Listen to Complete CD's?
Sep 17, 2008 at 6:07 AM Post #48 of 63
how can you NOT listen to Dark side of the moon, wish you were here, and the wall for entire album?
wink.gif
I might repeat my favorite song, but I generally finish the whole album.

Some other albums with 1, 2 decent songs - I just pick them and put it on shuffle when I feel like it.

so I guess I'm mix of both

Sep 17, 2008 at 10:35 PM Post #49 of 63
When I listen to music, I almost always listen to full albums. However, when I exercise or commute, I really like listening to my favorite songs on shuffle. So I guess you can say both.

Sep 17, 2008 at 10:51 PM Post #50 of 63
if it's a good album, I'll listen to the entire album.

Not all artists are capable of producing an entire album that is cohesive and worth listening to. Sufjan Stevens sure can't.

Sep 18, 2008 at 6:45 AM Post #54 of 63
I definitely listen to full cds, since transitions between songs are really important in electronic music. These dj sets are the main reasons i still buy cds and why deplore mp3's lack of gapless playback.

Sep 18, 2008 at 9:59 AM Post #56 of 63
Another member of Generation ADD here. Not to say I can't listen to a full album. Just depends on my mood. The new Coldplay, Viva la Vida is one I prefer to listen to in full. It just has a very good flow.

Sep 19, 2008 at 5:08 PM Post #58 of 63
When I concentrate on hearing music or songs,mostly I donn't play through.
I always skip or change CD.
But When I sit relaxing on my sofa,usally I listen the album through(especially the Jazz Albums)

Sep 19, 2008 at 5:22 PM Post #59 of 63
Only once or twice with a new CD. Then I convert the tracks I like to MP3 & Wav and listen to those on a portable or home media player. Sorry, too many fillers on many CDs.

Sep 19, 2008 at 5:50 PM Post #60 of 63
I ALWAYS listen to the complete CD, unless they are "greatest hits" compilations or singles I bought from iTunes.

If I get interrupted, I come back later and finish the album.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back