Does anyone know where I can get my tube stereo amp repaired in Los Angeles?
Dec 4, 2009 at 1:11 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Kawai_man

500+ Head-Fier
Hi I have an audio space tube stereo int. amplifier that needs repair.

I called a few tube amplifier repair shops that mainly work on guitar tube amps both said they dont work on these. I did find one that was willing to fix it their website is tubesville.com but the turnaround time is 3-4 weeks!

Does anyone know of any other amp techs in the LA area that can fix tube stereos ?

Thanks

Dec 4, 2009 at 7:16 AM Post #4 of 6
My friend knows a sound engineer that diy's quite a bit of stuff, so he may be up for the task. He occasionally does freelance work too. I can attempt to ask. I'm not sure what his rate is though. I see you're in Burbank. He's in the San Fernando Valley area.

Dec 4, 2009 at 7:19 AM Post #5 of 6
You might want to contact Jeffrey Angus at Stay Connected. He works on tube radios and TV sets, so he should be able to handle an amp, no problem.

He's at 10916 South La Cienega, west of Inglewood in Lennox. He likes people tomcall before coming in and his number is 310-337-1036.

Dec 5, 2009 at 8:52 AM Post #6 of 6
THansk for your suggestions

Someone recommended me this guy named Austen at Austen's Pro Audio who works from his home, he says he does good work and fixes all kinds of Audio equipment even for some famous people. He also lives close to me

Im going to take it to him tomorrow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back