Does anyone know how to use a Bulgin Illuminated Vandal Resistant push button to replace an ordinary power switch?
Feb 4, 2009 at 6:38 PM Post #2 of 17
amb knows how
wink.gif

Feb 4, 2009 at 7:23 PM Post #4 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by dannie01 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks cobaltmute, but simply abm does not provide full kit for the ε24 Power Switch Driver Circuit but only blank circuit boards .

Good one
k701smile.gif
You have posted this to the DIY forum BTW. Amb provides a BoM & all sorts of other info so just order it up & away you go....

One little thing, if your A/C or little 12v transfo is a bit shakey you might need to raise C1 - 470uf cap (2X -> 4X) to help it stay latched during transients (I did).

Nice design that ε24...

Feb 4, 2009 at 8:23 PM Post #5 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by dannie01 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks cobaltmute, but simply abm does not provide full kit for the ε24 Power Switch Driver Circuit but only blank circuit boards .

Oh good god... this is the DIY section after all
tongue.gif
alm:

Feb 4, 2009 at 9:32 PM Post #7 of 17
There are a couple of other links in AMB's e24 thread at Headwise.
Other designs used to arrive at the e24's final design.
Also, performancepc.com has the same looking push button in black, Delrin I think(hard plastic).
No kits that I am aware of.

Feb 5, 2009 at 3:50 AM Post #9 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by MisterX /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The switch used in "krmathis' beta 22" was a latching switch not a momentary switch.
If the current draw of the device is more then a couple of amps you may also need a relay.

117-MP0045/1E2BL012
G4B-112T-US-AC120

Thanks MisterX, that's what I exactly wanted
normal_smile .gif
, no complicated circuit needed, just replace the button.

Danny

Feb 5, 2009 at 4:09 PM Post #10 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by MisterX /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The switch used in "krmathis' beta 22" was a latching switch not a momentary switch.

Indeed!

Oct 19, 2009 at 4:00 PM Post #11 of 17
When I looked up the two switches listed above I am pretty sure they show up as momentary.

Are all the Bulgin switches momentary or do they make a true self contained "latching" type?

I like the look of the Bulgin switches a lot but did not want to add additional circuitry to my project.

Thanks!

Oct 19, 2009 at 5:01 PM Post #15 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by cobaltmute /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The switch listed here is latching, blue 12V LED.

D'oh, I'd forgotten about those.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back