does anyone know how to strip open a tf10?
Mar 30, 2011 at 2:04 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

racer_18x

New Head-Fier
Hi guys does any of you know how to strip open a tf10? the female connector on the earphone shell came off together with the wires as well so i'm looking to reattach it myself.

Hope you guys can help!!

Thanks

Mar 30, 2011 at 2:59 PM Post #2 of 4
are they new? as in just bought.
I've also got a pair of TF10's and LOVE their sound quality / signature, but the build quality is iffy.
If they're new and still under warranty, you should send them in. Most likely they'll just send you another pair.
(warranty should be one year)
Sadly,that is a known problem with them when changing wires.

Quote:
Hi guys does any of you know how to strip open a tf10? the female connector on the earphone shell came off together with the wires as well so i'm looking to reattach it myself.

Hope you guys can help!!

Thanks

Mar 30, 2011 at 9:56 PM Post #3 of 4
yeah, they are amazon set but i live in Singapore so warranty only applies in the U.S, its a hassle to shipped them back and if i want it quick its gonna cost me close to 1/3 of a new tf10 (current amazon pricing) If i cant find a way to diy this, i'll just send it up for customs.

Mar 31, 2011 at 5:01 AM Post #4 of 4
just find the gap where they seal it and carefully use an exacto knife to cut the glue seal and pry it open. no I have not done this before on tf10 but on other iems when I was bored and wanted to recable them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back