Does anyone here listen to trance?
Feb 22, 2003 at 4:57 PM Post #61 of 68
Hah.

Trance. How can you people like it? I mean, there are so many electronic music genres out there, and out of all of them you choose trance? Seriously now. I must be honest, I, like most people, started into this electronic music phase with trance music (that would be back in 1999) with the likes of Paul van Dyk, DJ Tiësto, Ferry Corsten and the list goes on and on and on. True, trance has it's classics (PvD - For an Angel, Cafe del Mar - Energy 52, to name a phew) but trance started to get in this repetitive cheesy pattern by the end of 2000. Take dear Darude for example, his 'superb' track 'Sandstorm' came out early 2000 or so, and was a 'good' track back then. I remember listening to it and how quickly I went into puking every time I heard it after that. And then, a year or so later, it starts playing on radio. Now that was just another sign of how low trance was going and how it's still going.

To be honest, I don't think there are still any good trance producers. Ok, some people will come up with Gouryella's ''new'' track Ligaya or with POS's Remember (The Sun) track but that's a small number for all this time since trance started going bad. Then there's Sasha's ''new'' album, Airdrawndagger, which I thought was a mix of cheese and very well-put tracks. At my first hearing of his album, I was stunned by many tracks but then I realized how he degraded from his quality tracks he's made in the past.

And why do Tiesto, PvD, Oakenfold and Corsten always come up when people talk about trance? Because they are good? No. Because they 'were' good. Now they've become way too exposed and at the same time have begun to produce more and more crappy tracks (Flight 643 for example).

Of course this kind of cheese might appeal to a very big part of the population, but it's not even electronic music anymore, it's pop. But this is probably an advantage to the true electronic music fans who like seeing which producers stay true to their music and keep producing quality tracks without being lured into this pop culture.

All this to say this thread is about pop music, not trance. Flames are more than welcome.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Mar 2, 2003 at 5:10 AM Post #62 of 68
hmph...I think cyberwoo pretty much got the hook set with his list...almost all of the artists mention kickass and have been pretty influential on the industry. I didn't really like much of Sasha's stuff prior to Airdrawndagger, but that album is prime.

Mar 4, 2003 at 11:30 PM Post #63 of 68
does anyone have or heard Renaissance: The Mix Collection 1 by sasha and digweed?

this is supposed to be the best trance album ever made as heralded by a british magazine so i read. all these albums are long discontinued and very very rare, i can't find them anywhere. so i downloaded parts of them from the net.

they don't seems that good compared to other stuff i've heard. i wonder if anyone else can comment on this matter

Mar 4, 2003 at 11:58 PM Post #64 of 68
Hi guys especially the one in oz, What do you think about Nick Skitz, I got his skitmix6 album when I was in oz, it's awesome. I'm planning to buy his other albums anyway. And also What about Dj SASH! He is good, especially his track "Ecuador" and "Adelante"

Jun 12, 2003 at 4:01 AM Post #67 of 68
Quote:

Originally posted by penvzila
ibiza5.jpg

LOL! That's great, I'm putting that on the cover of a CD and giving it to someone. They probably won't be able to tell for days.

Jun 14, 2003 at 1:43 AM Post #68 of 68
That pic is old, but so screw*ing true, even today.

Those Ibiza Anthems Volume 717305 and all those other wannabe albums.. it's incredible
the amount of crap released in a month, you'd be surprised!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back