Does anyone have the Philips CitiScape Downtown's?
Mar 5, 2012 at 9:54 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

Rezound Sound

100+ Head-Fier
They were barely released recently, and I'm just wondering if anyone has them. Or if there's any review's other than Tyll's review.

Mar 6, 2012 at 10:59 AM Post #3 of 16
I'm in the process of writing a review.  They are actually very great headphones.

Mar 6, 2012 at 12:01 PM Post #6 of 16
Tyll of InnerFidelity really liked them as well. I gave them a once over tonight (didn't listen, as I didn't have any sources on me), and they look very, very pretty! They'd be at home fitting over the heads of both men and women, with a touch of class too!

Mar 8, 2012 at 1:34 AM Post #8 of 16
The purple reminds me to the poor grado SR60i painted by someone on this forum (forgot the thread, but it was hilarious).
The brown, OTOH, look very slick!

Quote:
Tyll of InnerFidelity really liked them as well. I gave them a once over tonight (didn't listen, as I didn't have any sources on me), and they look very, very pretty! They'd be at home fitting over the heads of both men and women, with a touch of class too!

Mar 8, 2012 at 1:38 AM Post #9 of 16

Quote:
The purple reminds me to the poor grado SR60i painted by someone on this forum (forgot the thread, but it was hilarious).
The brown, OTOH, look very slick!

I got the White (grey) ones :)  They don't look too bad :)

Mar 30, 2012 at 1:03 PM Post #12 of 16
Sorry with the delay for the review.  It's available here: http://www.ifans.com/blog/43800/

Mar 30, 2012 at 2:03 PM Post #13 of 16
^ Thank you tinyman392 for the helpful review!

I have an odd question to ask you or any other Downtown owners: How much do these Downtowns heat up your ears? Say, compare to other on-ear headphones (e.g., HD25s, VMODA M80s or Sennheiser PX200), are the Downtowns cooler on ears, or wamer, or about the same?

Thank you. I ask because I can not wear most headphones long in a Houston summer, which gets quite hot even with good air conditioning.

Mar 30, 2012 at 2:33 PM Post #14 of 16

Quote:
^ Thank you tinyman392 for the helpful review!

I have an odd question to ask you or any other Downtown owners: How much do these Downtowns heat up your ears? Say, compare to other on-ear headphones (e.g., HD25s, VMODA M80s or Sennheiser PX200), are the Downtowns cooler on ears, or wamer, or about the same?

Thank you. I ask because I can not wear most headphones long in a Houston summer, which gets quite hot even with good air conditioning.

Unfortunately, I've just begun reviewing actual headphones (I've been focusing on in-ears before this).  I can say that they don't heat up too much.  I've been able to wear them for 2 hours (8 on and off) at track meets (indoor and out) and on car trips.  Unfortunately I haven't been able to test them in extreme heat. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back