Does anyone have the iPhone LOD pinout?
Mar 27, 2008 at 5:28 AM Post #31 of 259
Yes the cable will work with IPods too
smily_headphones1.gif
After I made the one for my iPhone I tried it on iTouch, and it worked fine.

Mar 27, 2008 at 7:18 AM Post #32 of 259
Flashbak....

Did you use any resistors?

Mine works fine without any resistors and just pin 11 shorted to pin 1.

If you did use resistors, do you still get the "This accessory..." message?

Mar 27, 2008 at 12:27 PM Post #33 of 259
Yes to both your questions. I used a 1K resistor. That info was gathered from someone who inspected the inside of an Apple Universal Dock. Anyway, message doesn't bother me since it's a reminder to turn on Airplane mode.

Mar 27, 2008 at 5:45 PM Post #34 of 259
Quote:

Originally Posted by MrJoshua /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Flashbak....

Did you use any resistors?

Mine works fine without any resistors and just pin 11 shorted to pin 1.

If you did use resistors, do you still get the "This accessory..." message?

i modded a crappy ipod lineout cable as well for temporary use without the resistor, it works (message pops out).

Mar 27, 2008 at 10:05 PM Post #35 of 259
Quote:

Originally Posted by shinew /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i modded a crappy ipod lineout cable as well for temporary use without the resistor, it works (message pops out).

Great news
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 28, 2008 at 4:12 AM Post #36 of 259
I have one of those monster cable car adapters for iPod...its a charger with female mini for audio out. Haven't tried the audio part with iPhone but I'm sure it doesnt work...the charger does work
after it throws the "airplane" message at you. Would it be possible to mod that adapter to work as LOD for
iphone? Apologies - I'm new to this game!

Mar 28, 2008 at 6:44 AM Post #38 of 259
I just made a short insulated jumper between these pins... Not too hard if you've got a needle-point iron.

Let us know how it works out for you.

Mar 28, 2008 at 7:25 PM Post #39 of 259
Sorry but I'm still a little unclear. Has anyone figured out a way to construct the connector so the "accessory" message does not appear? Also, do you think there is any sort of risk of damage to the iPhone just jumping pins 1 and 11 without a resistor?

Mar 28, 2008 at 8:17 PM Post #40 of 259
Not sure JLipton... 1 and 11 are both Ground pins though, just for different things (Ground and Serial Ground).

You're not JLip from London are you?

Mar 28, 2008 at 8:44 PM Post #42 of 259
Different values of resistors across certain pins let iPhones/iPods know what's connected to them.

The method I've found is just simpler - I don't mind getting the option to turn it to airplane mode
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 1, 2008 at 4:48 PM Post #44 of 259
Sorry, I'm also a bit unclear about this, but do you have to set the phone in flightmode? Sounds very unpractical to me... Just bought myself some d770's and a pa2v2, and waiting for them to arrive, but if I understand you correctly, i don't know how much i'll use them with the iphone...

Apr 1, 2008 at 6:16 PM Post #45 of 259
Nope, you don't need to turn on flight mode...

The message pops up, asking if you do want to turn on flight mode, but you can say either yes OR no and you'll get Line Out audio regardless
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back