Does anyone have experience with the Kef LS50?
Sep 3, 2013 at 3:47 PM Post #106 of 267
Quote:

Where did you get this info and do you have any more details?  

Like maybe when? 

AVForums here in the UK (not to be confused with AVSForums - several dealers post on there and said they just got their last shipments in. Waiting for more details but the rose gold driver colour is apparently what they use for anniversary models only, so expect that not to carry over to a production model. Still no idea on price. I'll post more details when they're posted by the people that actually know stuff, ha. I'm just recycling what they're telling others.

Sep 3, 2013 at 9:04 PM Post #107 of 267

AVForums here in the UK (not to be confused with AVSForums - several dealers post on there and said they just got their last shipments in. Waiting for more details but the rose gold driver colour is apparently what they use for anniversary models only, so expect that not to carry over to a production model. Still no idea on price. I'll post more details when they're posted by the people that actually know stuff, ha. I'm just recycling what they're telling others.

Another recycled news here .... i.e. nothing will change, except the 50 anniversary printing at the back of the speakers will be gone. But don't bank on this hearsay pls.

Sep 4, 2013 at 4:32 AM Post #108 of 267
I can get a good deal on a bundle of 2 LS50 and a sonos connect:amp (I'd basically be paying 100EUR for the sonos device) - would that be sufficient to drive the LS50s?

Sep 4, 2013 at 8:28 AM Post #109 of 267
I'm running these babies in my office setup, and even with sub-optimal speaker placement (20cm from back wall, sitting in a large windowsill with walls either side ) the sound is amazing. I can only imagine what they sound like setup properly.

Powered by the Burson Timekeeper, which is fed by  the Conductor, connected via the VLINK192.

My LCD-2s are getting very little usage now, and they're already an amazing match with the Conductor.

Oct 1, 2013 at 7:32 PM Post #110 of 267
These are the closest speakers' version of my Grado RS1. fast, sparkling and smooth highs, with punchy lows. Oh, mids to die for. I may have said this, LS50 sounds unbearable when not matched with suitable stands and everything up the chain. I can't take the sound due to just a difference of a DAC's power cable. Changed a pair stands, and they sound fatiguing. With patience to tune, these can be your speakers for a long time. I have speakers numerous times more expensive, but there is a place for these.

Oct 3, 2013 at 11:08 AM Post #112 of 267
  Can anyone recommend good micro stands (for desktop/shelf usage)?

You don't need to get a micro stand. Get quality coupling or isolating support, including spike-base or vibration absorbing structure. Look at Oyaide, Taoc, DH Cones/squares and such. They make "day and night" difference as they always say. It is true. But as usual, spend your money prudently, I would suggest.

http://translate.google.com.sg/translate?hl=en&sl=ja&u=http://www.phileweb.com/editor/audio-a/voice.php%3Farchive%3D1120&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dls50%2Bkef%26start%3D20%26sa%3DN%26biw%3D1600%26bih%3D783%26tbs%3Dqdr:m

Oct 3, 2013 at 11:27 AM Post #113 of 267
Thanks Rick. I had found these:

http://hometheaterreview.com/mapleshade-time-correcting-maple-bedrock-speaker-stands-reviewed/

The link you sent, are you recommending those over all of the available brands you listed? And did you mean the stand or just the feet? :¬)

Oct 3, 2013 at 8:41 PM Post #116 of 267
  Thanks Rick. I had found these:

http://hometheaterreview.com/mapleshade-time-correcting-maple-bedrock-speaker-stands-reviewed/

The link you sent, are you recommending those over all of the available brands you listed? And did you mean the stand or just the feet? :¬)

I have no particular recommendation, but Oyaide, Taoc and DH are known to be quite good. Depending on context as of most stuff. Those stuffs in the link are just some pictorial references.

The whole idea is to transfer all the vibrations away from the speakers as immediate and as much as possible. That gives the speakers best operating mode for best sound.

Oct 7, 2013 at 10:30 AM Post #117 of 267
Oct 8, 2013 at 12:23 AM Post #118 of 267
Oct 9, 2013 at 5:59 PM Post #119 of 267
A no-brainer suggestion would be the IsoAcoustic range - check their site for a compatibility chart to match the right size stand with the speaker, although I'd imagine it'd be the middle sized ones (the L8R-155's).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back