Does anyone ever actually use their KSC 35s?
Apr 23, 2004 at 2:19 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 60

Steve999

smooth, DARK
You can check more than one poll choice!!!

I see we recommend the KSC 35s a lot to newbies. I agree they sound amazing..

BUT... does anyone actually use their KSC-35s? Are they actually a good practical choice? Or is the thin tangly cord and the clip design just too impractical? I know I never use mine. I've tweaked my portapros to sound just like my KSC 35s, and I do use my portapros, though...
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 23, 2004 at 2:42 PM Post #4 of 60
I haven't used them for a while, but it has nothing to do with the cord or the clip which I don't have any problems with. I just got a pair of e3c that can offer so much more isolation and better sound when going portable.

Apr 23, 2004 at 2:46 PM Post #5 of 60
I don't use them regularly anymore as my Senn HD 25 just sound better to me. And the Koss don't isolate.
Nevertheless they are still great headphones especially for the price! I sometimes use them when I can't find my Sennheisers.

Apr 23, 2004 at 3:25 PM Post #6 of 60
Yep, I use them all the time here--at least three times a week in the gym, usually more. I agree, though, the clips and tangled cords can be a pain but for the sound it's worth it. I never have been able to get the my PortaPros to sound like the KSC-35s (they're similar, but not quite) even after taking the phones off the PortaPros headband and putting them on the KSC-35s clips. Actually PortaPro phones sounded better on the KSC-35s clips (in contrast the KSC-35s phones sounded a lot worse when connected to the PortaPro headband) but they still didn't sound quite like the KSC-35s. There was one guy around here who disected the cords on both phones and found that they used different cables. I'm betting that different cabling and the more plastic that the PortaPro headband (and the SportaPro even more so) puts behind the phones are what make them sound different. Just my ideas, though.
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 23, 2004 at 3:33 PM Post #7 of 60
they split time evenly with my MX400 and D66... i used to wear D66 in public for isolation, but now its getting hot and humid so they stay home... and theyre larger and bulkier.

I used to sleep to the ksc-35 every day... and wear them around... but lately ive been using the mx400 cuz theyre so small and discreet and easy to carry around

in the end, they all get equal use

Apr 23, 2004 at 3:40 PM Post #8 of 60
None of the above choices.

I use them regularly for walking to work,etc., but I don't use them "a lot".

Apr 23, 2004 at 3:53 PM Post #10 of 60
I use them whenever I travel...they fit perfectly into my laptop bag (much better than the HD600's would) and I have no problem with the cords or clips. Sound is good...

Apr 23, 2004 at 4:51 PM Post #12 of 60
I wear the 35's when I go to sleep. Other than that, if I need to take a very portable pair for a friend, they come out to play, along with the porta pro head band. I use my sony V6's everywhere else though.

Apr 23, 2004 at 4:51 PM Post #13 of 60
I like them, clips are no problem (actually I had problem and scraped off sharp edge with knife), but I have $160 EW9 and feel obligated to amortize it. LOL

Users who are viewing this thread

Back