Does anyone ever actually use their KSC 35s?
Apr 23, 2004 at 6:53 PM Post #16 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by TMC
I haven't used them for a while, but it has nothing to do with the cord or the clip which I don't have any problems with. I just got a pair of e3c that can offer so much more isolation and better sound when going portable.

Same here. I'd still use them if I didn't have Ety 4's.

Apr 24, 2004 at 2:18 AM Post #18 of 60
"thin tangly cord"

HUH???? "Thin tangly cord" : Maybe in some OPINIONS, but I
don't think that it is thin at all, and which headphone chords
are TANGLE PROOF?

I agree, the selections for this poll are not that great. Infact
it almost seems biased towards the KSC-35's but that is fine
we all have our opinions.

Reguardless, the KSC-35's SOUND cannot be beat in its price range.
I would recommend to every newbie to check them out if you are
wondering.

The KSC-35's appearance initially shocked me ("What these cheap
looking headphones are the best sounding?" "They look like the first
headphones I got for free with my first WalkMan without the headband!")

BUT Once they are burned in - for having such a simple build and their
relatively inexpensive price - they sound remarkable! IMHO (and
shared by many others.)

Thanks!

Apr 24, 2004 at 12:36 PM Post #19 of 60
I don't use them a lot (personaly) anymore, but for over 2 years they were in constant use on my iPod. The only reason that they have been supplanted, is that the Etymotics 4P+s I have are unquestionably better phones, but they better be at more than 6 times the price. I liked the 35's so much, that I bought 2 pairs so that I would have a backup.

I use them nowadays mainly to loan to my friends who don't realize that the stock earbuds which come with their personal stereos and mp3 players are generally crap. They are pleasantly surprised to hear the difference in sound.

So, even though I voted that I don't use them much, I still can't recommend them highly enough -- they are an exceptional value for the money, and IMHO, beat anything this side the Grado SR60 in price.

Apr 24, 2004 at 1:27 PM Post #20 of 60
I haven't used mine in a while now...

...That isn't because they're not good... because they are... simply, that they're too open for on the bus (use EX71s or Senn PX250s) and too low-end for listening at home (use RS1s)

Still not going to sell them though, there will always be a need or opportunity to use them once again
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 24, 2004 at 1:56 PM Post #21 of 60
I only stopped using them because I gave them to my Dad, who uses them all the time for running. I want to get another pair for the bike and like LobsterSan said, they are great "bedphones"--the only headphone I can wear while sleeping on my side.

Apr 24, 2004 at 2:59 PM Post #22 of 60
I pretty much use them all the time. I have found no better phone for running. Hell if I'm jogging with etys and dieing. I will admit, however, that the lack of isolation can be a bit annoying on the bus.

Apr 24, 2004 at 11:57 PM Post #23 of 60
Thanks for all your replies. I've really enjoyed following this. A lot more people use the KSC-35s than I would have guessed. That's actually pretty heavy usage considering that most people here also have much more expensive phones. And over half of the people who have replied (including me) use the KSC-35/portapro/sportapro driver in one form or another regularly.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 8, 2004 at 5:33 AM Post #24 of 60
I use my KSC35s when I stay at the motel. Which is every other day. They sound okay, and they are very very easy to pack. I never thought anything about the cord. What is supposed to the problem with the cord?

Okay, I confess. I found this thread while searching for information on the AT EW9. I am still considering those as replacements for the KSC35.

Jul 8, 2004 at 5:42 AM Post #25 of 60
I use mine on a regular basis for my laptop. Even the crappy built-in-sound manages to sound decent out of KSC-35s, they're really easy to drive and very source-forgiving!

Jul 8, 2004 at 5:58 AM Post #26 of 60
Wow, a thread brought back from the dead.

I do use mine, typically when I travel. Not on the airplane, but in the hotel room. There's *always* room in the non-carryon luggage for the KSC-35s, but almost never room for anything much bigger.

Jul 8, 2004 at 6:23 AM Post #27 of 60
i think i was a little dumb to sell my ksc35. i think i use it more than any other headphones i had.

when i had my ksc35, i had the e2c and fullsize pioneer aswell. i use it more than both of those. their open sound was more relaxing. i use them for computer, music, portable, and sleeping. they were light and comfortable and less bulky than anything else i had,

Jul 8, 2004 at 6:37 AM Post #28 of 60
i completely forgot i still own 35s.. let them to my friend, clip got broken, they been collecting dust ever since (before i let them to my friend too)

Jul 8, 2004 at 3:11 PM Post #29 of 60
Well, if I had not sold mine shortsightedly after getting my PortaPros (which I after a while sounded not as good, so I dumped those as well) I would probably still use them every now and then. The cable never bothered me. Simply some of the best value phones ever.

Jul 8, 2004 at 4:05 PM Post #30 of 60
I use these at work, because they sound pretty good, yet they allow me to hear what is going on around me, unlike my Etys=> those I save for the noisy commute home on the train
etysmile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back