Does anyone else's Grado's cups come off the headband?
Sep 13, 2007 at 12:51 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 26

KrooLism

500+ Head-Fier
If so... any suggestions on how to fix it?

I'm not talking about the adjustment antennae, I mean the hard connection to the headband itself.

mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

Sep 13, 2007 at 12:54 AM Post #2 of 26
If you mean the plastic block to the headband, I think it's normally glued in from the factory. Just a TINY drop of superglue (tiny!) on the tip of the headband metal, and shove it into the block should be more than enough to do the job.

Sep 13, 2007 at 1:01 AM Post #3 of 26
The headband on my SR80 would pop out of the little plastic blocks if you looked at it hard. It was a pretty nice feature from Grado though, it made them much easier to store and transport as it took up less space in separate pieces.

Sep 13, 2007 at 1:09 AM Post #4 of 26
wow, grado has added busted-headphone features! I think I'll got get a pair of GS1000 tomorrow!

Sep 13, 2007 at 2:37 AM Post #5 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by mdarnton /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you mean the plastic block to the headband, I think it's normally glued in from the factory. Just a TINY drop of superglue (tiny!) on the tip of the headband metal, and shove it into the block should be more than enough to do the job.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fitz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The headband on my SR80 would pop out of the little plastic blocks if you looked at it hard. It was a pretty nice feature from Grado though, it made them much easier to store and transport as it took up less space in separate pieces.

That's exactly what I mean.

Thanks for the advice.

Sep 13, 2007 at 3:09 AM Post #6 of 26
OMG,,the GS1000 has the stupid plastic L/R block thingies also.
Thats why i havent gotten an RS1 or GS1000 yet. How embarrassing to have it fall off your expensive headphones in front of a Bose person!!!

But really,,find a more fun sounding headphone...lol

Sep 13, 2007 at 3:17 AM Post #7 of 26
Grado Lab is loosing it !

Sep 13, 2007 at 6:04 AM Post #12 of 26
ur sarcasm has been killing me all day fitz =)

also Grados ARE made in the USA, but if you look at the factory tour, theyre made by mexicans in crowded workspaces.

my SR80's had the earcup fall off the rods. they are screwed on and hot glued. but then again, compared to some HD 555's, i couldnt find happiness anywhere else.

Sep 13, 2007 at 9:27 AM Post #14 of 26
Ya know; this is gettin' silly. All it takes is for someone to put "Grado" and "Quality" together in the same sentence and there ya go....out come the Grado Bashers repeating the same ol' stuff we read about in a different thread just last week.

...and another the week before.....

....and the week before that.

Sep 13, 2007 at 11:19 AM Post #15 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by F107plus5 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ya know; this is gettin' silly. All it takes is for someone to put "Grado" and "Quality" together in the same sentence and there ya go....out come the Grado Bashers repeating the same ol' stuff we read about in a different thread just last week.

...and another the week before.....

....and the week before that.

x2

I haven't had any issue with my GS1k's. How about something original like mmmmmm.... let me see ahhhh, Sennheiser veil, AT mids and highs, Denon D5000 build quality etc etc
tongue.gif

cheers
Simon

Users who are viewing this thread

Back