does anyone else not like the bose effect?
Jun 22, 2007 at 6:07 PM Post #16 of 21
That's why I said if the QC3's were <$100, so with that logic, if the PXC450 were <$150, the difference between that and HD555's are not as far away.

Jun 22, 2007 at 7:08 PM Post #17 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nebby /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well really....

Does this:

41ZEA3D79AL._AA280_.jpg

look like something that's worth $140?

But then I guess we're more informed than the average consumer.

there really flimsy, the only thing i like about them is that they REALLY cup your ears, it feels like your ears are deep in a cave, unlike my v700's which smack my ears rofl

Jun 22, 2007 at 9:02 PM Post #18 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by ZombieLifeTaker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i cant put my finger on it...but somethings wrong with the sound.

Boomy midrange, I think, may be the culprit?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Solodarn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Im sure are there those that would agree. Suppose it depends on which phones you have. I own the QC2s, nothing about it that I hate, verry bassy but decent amount of detail for me. However Im looking to replace them with something else and I tend to wear my ER6i's more in comparison so I guess I can't be all that into the sound lol. Worth the 300 I paid for them? Prolly not, makes me wish I had found out about Head-fi back when I bought them 3 yrs ago. Soon though I hope to own a new HP and the bose will become my sisters. Most expensive gift I've ever given period lol.

Don't forget that Bose have terrific resale value (maybe not here!). And then get your sister(s) something better, get yourself something nice, pay that outstanding student loan, cut your home mortgage by 12 years, and ... ok, maybe they're not that expensive ....

Jun 22, 2007 at 11:41 PM Post #19 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by ZombieLifeTaker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
there really flimsy, the only thing i like about them is that they REALLY cup your ears, it feels like your ears are deep in a cave, unlike my v700's which smack my ears rofl

this was what I was getting at, they look really really flimsy. :|

Jun 23, 2007 at 12:23 AM Post #20 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by grndslm /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My ears are fairly untrained, but the TriPorts were great with highs & lows, but the mids were a little recessed or something strange. Other than that, IMO... people are paying extra $$$ for the comfort of the TriPorts, 'cause those things sure aren't durable!!

There have been done some research on Bose sound signature, especially speakers, are missing a good chunk of frequencies in mids spectrum.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back