does anyone else not like the bose effect?
Jun 22, 2007 at 12:49 AM Post #2 of 21
Im sure are there those that would agree. Suppose it depends on which phones you have. I own the QC2s, nothing about it that I hate, verry bassy but decent amount of detail for me. However Im looking to replace them with something else and I tend to wear my ER6i's more in comparison so I guess I can't be all that into the sound lol. Worth the 300 I paid for them? Prolly not, makes me wish I had found out about Head-fi back when I bought them 3 yrs ago. Soon though I hope to own a new HP and the bose will become my sisters. Most expensive gift I've ever given period lol.

Jun 22, 2007 at 12:54 AM Post #3 of 21
The bose effect only sounds good in their demo room. I tell you it's amazing. They put a wooden box in front of one of their jewel speakers and with that patented Bose technology, they make it sound as if the box wasn't there. The transition is amazing.

I think what's wrong with the sound is uneven bass. There's that dip somewhere in the bass, I can't tell you exactly what frequency.

It seems like the subwoofer takes the lower end of the human voice, just listen to the Bose Wave system. The horse makes such much bass, as well as the narrator.

Jun 22, 2007 at 2:14 AM Post #4 of 21
To the untrained ear (mine, I guess) they seem like awesome headphones.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 22, 2007 at 2:34 AM Post #5 of 21
i love it, i get it all the time when i eat beans,

the thing is that you train someones ears to like it, and they will,

remember that 95% of people who listen to music do so trough either
1) generic speakers that came with their wallmart/carrefur sound system
2) 15 buck computer speakers
3) 5 buck sony buds or whatever came with their mp3 player

give someone who has been eating dog food all his life a piece of dry turkey, and he will think its the best thing ever,

then again, theres another old saysing

100 billion flies cant be wrong, eat crap,

Jun 22, 2007 at 2:47 AM Post #7 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by judas391 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
To the untrained ear (mine, I guess) they seem like awesome headphones.
smily_headphones1.gif

My ears are fairly untrained, but the TriPorts were great with highs & lows, but the mids were a little recessed or something strange. Other than that, IMO... people are paying extra $$$ for the comfort of the TriPorts, 'cause those things sure aren't durable!!

Jun 22, 2007 at 3:59 AM Post #10 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by Assorted /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It seems like the subwoofer takes the lower end of the human voice, just listen to the Bose Wave system. The horse makes such much bass, as well as the narrator.

Something isn't quite right when you can unplug all speakers except for the subwoofer, and hear a complete conversation in a movie through the sub, as I have heard with a friend's bose system
blink.gif

Jun 22, 2007 at 3:37 PM Post #11 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nebby /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Something isn't quite right when you can unplug all speakers except for the subwoofer, and hear a complete conversation in a movie through the sub, as I have heard with a friend's bose system
blink.gif

see thats what was thinking it was, something with the bass cause the mids where way up there

but my mom got these http://www.amazon.com/BOSE-R-Triport...873293-0447367 from target and raves about them! i said mom there ok but definitely not worth 150$ you got ripped off!

but she wont listen lol

Jun 22, 2007 at 4:03 PM Post #12 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by ZombieLifeTaker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
see thats what was thinking it was, something with the bass cause the mids where way up there

but my mom got these http://www.amazon.com/BOSE-R-Triport...873293-0447367 from target and raves about them! i said mom there ok but definitely not worth 150$ you got ripped off!

but she wont listen lol

Keep in mind that Mom probably is not a headphone geek. The Bose are supposedly comfortable, easily obtained, and people recognize the name. The market has been saturated with the Bose name,lets face it.

After saying that though, they are despised with a passion around here (rightfully so)
icon10.gif

Jun 22, 2007 at 5:37 PM Post #14 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nebby /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well really....

Does this:

41ZEA3D79AL._AA280_.jpg

look like something that's worth $140?

But then I guess we're more informed than the average consumer.

That doesn't work. Does the Yuin PK1 look like it's worth $140? Hell no! But it make up for it with it's sound quality.

Alot of headphones don't look their worth, but when it comes down to it, it's all about SQ.

Bose isn't that bad. When I hear it, it had rolled off highs and bloated bass. Not completely horrible, but definitely not worth $300. If it was priced <$100, I'd be more inclined to recommend it to people. I'd chose a HD595 anyday over a QC3. But then again, I should be comparing closed cans.

Jun 22, 2007 at 5:46 PM Post #15 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by laxx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That doesn't work. Does the Yuin PK1 look like it's worth $140? Hell no! But it make up for it with it's sound quality.

Alot of headphones don't look their worth, but when it comes down to it, it's all about SQ.

Bose isn't that bad. When I hear it, it had rolled off highs and bloated bass. Not completely horrible, but definitely not worth $300. If it was priced <$100, I'd be more inclined to recommend it to people. I'd chose a HD595 anyday over a QC3. But then again, I should be comparing closed cans.

Well if you think about the PXC450 costing about $450 for 555 sound... the added noise cancelling doesn't seem so bad right?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back