Does anyone else here like...
Jun 25, 2005 at 4:03 PM Post #16 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by Aman
I classify Family Guy as "stupid humor". It is REALLY stupid.

Personally, I'm more for intelligent comedy. The closest we got to that right now is Aqua Teen Hunger Force

ARE YOU SERIOUS!! Aqua Teen hunger force is intelligent!!(don't get me wrong I love the show) "Your liquidfied bi***", ah love that line. But yeah I love family guy, the first couple episode of the new season werent that good, but the one where peter tries to be remembered was amazing. I loved the kebler elves planning an attack on the rice krispees guys.

Jun 25, 2005 at 4:39 PM Post #17 of 33
giggidy giggidy giggidy. Quagmire is awesome. That scene when he was peeping on Lois was hilarious. I wonder if its in surround sound? Hmmm.

Jun 25, 2005 at 6:33 PM Post #18 of 33
That show may be stupid, but it is a pop-culture time-capsule for years to come. The references are so broad-ranging that it can cover both the kinky Bob Crane and the Kool-Aid Man. One could get a solid idea of pop culture trends and events from 1950-2000.

Watch it. "It doesn't leave a bruise and let's 'em know who's boss. There's no doubt about it."

Jun 25, 2005 at 6:36 PM Post #19 of 33
I think Family Guy is great. It's the only show on TV that I make a point of watching.

American Dad is a different story...

Any ideas on when the new FG season will be on DVD?

Jun 25, 2005 at 6:44 PM Post #20 of 33
"sssssss... AHHHHHHHH."

"chumba, wumba..."

I love that show.

I do like American Dad, though.

"Dad, am I getting it aborted?"

"No. We're conservatives; that's the one way we don't like to kill things!"

Bahahahhhaha hahahaha.

*Breath*

hahahahahahahaha

Jun 27, 2005 at 6:19 PM Post #24 of 33
"Hey, mother, I come bearing a gift. I'll give you a hint. It's in my diaper and it's not a toaster."

I am so glad to see this show getting a second chance. The original three seasons are some of the funniest moments ever on television. Along with "Andy Richter Controls the Universe" I've always considered "Family Guy" to be grossly under appreciated.

eggosmile.gif

Jun 27, 2005 at 8:34 PM Post #25 of 33
I think that this scene from the first episode of season 4, where Peter is Jesus in Passion of the Christ, and is being tortured by a guard, is one of the most hilarious I've seen. And it's not really one of the better of cleverer scenes...it's just so funny.

"Stop it...stop it" "ok" "ok?" "ok" "alright" Gotta love it.

Jun 27, 2005 at 9:27 PM Post #26 of 33
There was this pimpin' God scene a few weeks back that just killed me. In the scene, god is hitting on this girl when he winks and points at her and accidently lights her on fire.

God: JESUS CHRIST! (enter Jesus)
Jesus: What!?
God: Get the escalade, we're outta here.

Jun 27, 2005 at 10:36 PM Post #27 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by james__bean
There was this pimpin' God scene a few weeks back that just killed me. In the scene, god is hitting on this girl when he winks and points at her and accidently lights her on fire.

Yea that one was golden too.
icon10.gif
I just finished watching them all up to the most recent ones.

Jun 28, 2005 at 5:25 AM Post #28 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by james__bean

Saw that scene just the other night. OMG, hilarious!
5000smile.gif
Abe

Jun 28, 2005 at 10:51 AM Post #29 of 33
The Family Guy and The Daily Show are the two funniest shows on tv.

The humor on Family Guy is such a mix - they'll pull semi-obscure cultural references out of thin air and then have your basic fart joke the next. The thing is the humor is so random yet well-placed that it always keeps you on your toes. Almost every single episode I've seen has had at least one truly hilarious moment, and I'm not talking just a laugh-out-loud moment, I'm talking a 'pause the show because I've ran out of breath from laughing so hard' moment.
biggrin.gif

American Dad is a bitter disappointment in comparison.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back