Does anybody think you're insane for spending so much on headphones? (and the opposite)
Jun 21, 2009 at 8:44 PM Post #32 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by xkRoWx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
"What?! Another one?! How much this time?" - My friends.

This. And all my purchases so far have been on the low-end. Will see what happens when upgraditis strikes again.

Jun 21, 2009 at 8:46 PM Post #33 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by RushNerd /img/forum/go_quote.gif
EXACTLY, I mean to each his own, but seriously cars are the ultimate money sink...

Ever own a home or boat? How bout a wife?

When asked, it's nunya. I do let my bro know and he has heard them but don't feel the RS-1s were worth the $450 I paid. Of course I don't feel his racing rear end for a street ride was either. We just smile at each other.

Jun 21, 2009 at 9:30 PM Post #34 of 49
I've been having the same problem, of course I'm just getting started. Trying to pay off some debt first so i can get into it again with audioequipment. I was telling a friend i want to buy some new cans (hd800 to be precise) since i've been hearing great things, he responded with I'm happy with my 30 skullcandy. I get all this stuff for just recently buying my shure 310's. Whatever though, it's what makes you happy and then not them.

Jun 21, 2009 at 9:41 PM Post #35 of 49
I've had mixed reactions. My mom doesn't get why I need s many pairs, but wants to listen sometime to understand why my ears so so sensitive to recording changes on my dads old JBL towers. My dad has PX100s I bought him and is going on a bit of spending spree upgrading his actual audio equipment, but like me he doesn't overspend, he always goes bang-for-buck. I managed to get one of my friends to buy HD555s and a Cmoy after hearing my stuff but he refuses to go beyond that, and I have 2 people interested in spending a little more for some better stuff. One of my friends also uses SCL3s and she thinks they sound like heaven. Everyone else though thinks I'm crazy, my brother being the most vocal about it but he collects guitars so his hobby is more expensive than mine. I figure I have one drumset and its all I need, he feels he needs 6 $1000 guitars.

Jun 21, 2009 at 9:56 PM Post #36 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by mookowz13 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Everyone else though thinks I'm crazy, my brother being the most vocal about it but he collects guitars so his hobby is more expensive than mine. I figure I have one drumset and its all I need, he feels he needs 6 $1000 guitars.

ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Jun 21, 2009 at 11:06 PM Post #38 of 49
The amount of money you spend on high end audio should be a bit of a dirty secret. If we are honest with ourselves it's a bit obscene.
...yeah just lie, it's not that hard
wink.gif
The average Joe is not going to think highly of you for spending $1000 on a DAC (after you explain what that is), or $500 on a pair of phones.

Jun 21, 2009 at 11:36 PM Post #39 of 49
I think it's a hobby like any other, and people spend a lot of money on their hobbies (cars, boats, sports equipment, gaming rigs etc). I would agree with the sentiments of others, my friends listen and love the sound from my stuff but just don't care enough to buy expensive audio stuff which is fair enough. To each his or her own.

Jun 22, 2009 at 12:36 AM Post #40 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by Vel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think it's a hobby like any other, and people spend a lot of money on their hobbies (cars, boats, sports equipment, gaming rigs etc). I would agree with the sentiments of others, my friends listen and love the sound from my stuff but just don't care enough to buy expensive audio stuff which is fair enough. To each his or her own.

You hit the nail on the head there. I live/work in a very rural country area. My co-workers all think I'm crazy, but they will spend three times what I payed for my headphones on their idea of the perfect bow for hunting, or one more deer Riffle for their collection. ( my father in law included). But they all agree when I point that out to them...it's all in what your hobby is.

Jun 22, 2009 at 12:49 AM Post #42 of 49
Good one. Hopefully you were joking. I have nothing against hunting and or rifles, shotguns pistols or bow's...I work in law enforcement actually. Just personally don't hunt and therefore was making a point that what your hobby is, theres where your money goes. No enemy here!!!!

Jun 22, 2009 at 1:10 AM Post #45 of 49
This neck of the woods are full of bow, rifle, pistol (anything that can kill) fans. They could arm a small army with ammo and weapons, each. They think nothing of dropping a couple grand in a weapon or hunting dog. Don't get caught on property without permission.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back