Does anybody have a soundtrack in their head?
Jul 25, 2008 at 2:35 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

Chickenman

500+ Head-Fier
What I'm saying is, usually theres nothing in my mind, but sometimes I realize that theres a beat or a tune going around in my head. Especially when I sleep, this is noticeable. Its pretty cool but I'm wondering if anybody else has this haha so I feel normal

Jul 25, 2008 at 2:37 AM Post #2 of 13
I randomly get that - normally it's a very layered orchestra, but sometimes it's a game soundtrack, sort of like HALO.

Kinda fun to listen to when I get bored.

Jul 25, 2008 at 6:31 AM Post #6 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chickenman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
...Especially when I sleep, this is noticeable. Its pretty cool but I'm wondering if anybody else has this haha so I feel normal

When I'm exhausted from little sleep and about to go to bed I get these insane visual patterns. With my eyes closed, it's very lucid and abstract. I get excited and try to grasp onto it by thinking about what it is but it only ends up going away till I just let go. Then the patterns emerge.
smily_headphones1.gif
Sometimes I see recognizable objects but patterns and random forms happens more often. It's pleasing to say the least.

The tunes in the head seldom happen here. When it does, it's random. Nothing familiar but trying to remember them later always draws a blank. :/

Jul 25, 2008 at 6:33 AM Post #7 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by Audio-Omega /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I can't get that annoying music from that ice cream truck out of my head.

Like this. I think it's great.
tongue.gif

Listen to it 'till you get sick. It should drive it out.
wink.gif

Jul 25, 2008 at 2:23 PM Post #9 of 13
Quote:

Especially when I sleep, this is noticeable.

How do you notice something when you're asleep? As for me, it's usually really annoying songs that get stuck in my head.

Jul 25, 2008 at 3:13 PM Post #10 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by zotjen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How do you notice something when you're asleep? As for me, it's usually really annoying songs that get stuck in my head.

Never heard of Lucid dreaming?

Jul 26, 2008 at 4:26 AM Post #12 of 13
Haha, I meant when I'm going to sleep.. Not lucid dreaming.. I am trying to induce lucid dreaming, but I haven't really gotten one yet

Jul 26, 2008 at 10:03 AM Post #13 of 13
Funny thread. I think I have several soundtracks which sound inside my head depending on the circumstances, some are longtime residents while others depend on what's sounding on the radio, TV, etc.
This is my "subconscient music top five"

- Richard Wagner's Tannhauser overture. It's probably the longest resident and I find myself whistling or humming it frequently. Comes to "mind station" more often than any other music.
- The melody of "We wish you a Merry Christmas" whatever is its title, it not even is a popular carol in my country.
- The Beatles' "Here comes the sun".
- JS Bach's cantata "Jesu Joy of man's desiring". This one also sounds quite frequently.
- James Brown's "I feel good"

Funnily enough I've just noticed that they're mostly joyful tunes. I guess I'm a happy guy
biggrin.gif

Rgrds

Users who are viewing this thread

Back