does an amplifier work well eith an ipod nano 6th gen and the aduio technicia ath-m50s?
Jun 21, 2012 at 3:20 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

great69er

New Head-Fier
hi guys im new here so please dont hate on my noobiness:)
i use my ath m50s with my nanos and the sound is great. but will an amplifier further greaten the sound quality? please help
cheers

Jun 21, 2012 at 12:46 PM Post #2 of 4
Quote:
i use my ath m50s with my nanos and the sound is great. but will an amplifier further greaten the sound quality? please help
cheers

I would think generally yes.  I've never heard the m50's but I understand they tend to the dry or analytical side, with a slightly sloppy (relatively speaking) bass presentation.  I believe a decent amp would help tighten up the bass, and maybe lend a bit of warmth to make the presentation a bit more fun.  It all depends on the amp you pick, of course.  Hopefully someone can suggest one that pairs nicely with the m50's, or try searching as I bet it's been asked a lot here.

Jun 22, 2012 at 11:36 PM Post #3 of 4
I'm always thinking if it's a good idea got get a portable amp/dac to make my rig less portable. iPod nano is pretty small, but a "portable" amp is bigger than your source. 

Just throwing some thoughts. no offence. :-|

Jun 23, 2012 at 3:32 AM Post #4 of 4
Quote:
cheers

ATH-M50s are fairly easy to drive and apple portable products are fairly decent at driving headphones.
I all ways say to get the Fiio E11 with a Fiio L cable.
But maybe the Fiio E6 might help a little?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back