Does a software EQ that works with any soundcard that's not a plugin exist?
Jan 30, 2012 at 11:43 AM Post #2 of 9
For PC or Mac?

For a PC, you might try this: http://www.audio-software.com/eqstudio.htm 

No idea on how well it functions, it's just what my google-fu found. 

Why not a plugin? 

Jan 30, 2012 at 12:25 PM Post #3 of 9
Thanks! I use Spotify premium to stream music, so i was looking for a global EQ. I use Foobars built in EQ, but I was mainly interested in EQing streaming music.

Jan 30, 2012 at 12:31 PM Post #4 of 9
I see. 

I know with the mac, a program like Audio Hijack pro, can apply plugins to any running program including web browsers, streaming feeds, and video players (or system sound as well) - but I do not know of a similar program for the PC. 

Jan 31, 2012 at 11:24 AM Post #7 of 9
Shame there's no easy system wide EQ solution, I bet there's a huge demand/interest for such possibility. I know it is for me why the choice of source is for me rather limited (read soundcards). I could buy a hardware EQ yes but I find those unnecessary complicated, expensive with lack of easy-to-use connectivity for headphone users especially.

For me personally I need EQing for obviously music listening from my local library as well as youtube (or other streams) as well as gaming and rarely movie watching. I get bothered if I can't get the exact same sound in all possibly use scenarios why different EQs for different uses isn't a real solution either because different EQs are of different quality and results in slightly different results despite using exact same settings.

Jan 31, 2012 at 11:39 AM Post #8 of 9
Exactly my thinking! I'm very surprised there isn't a solution. I tried using my Audiosource EQ-100 hardware EQ with my Asgard+d4+HD 598s and it affected the soundstage - for some reason the left channel noticeably overpowered the right - I even made sure both of the channels were EQed exactly the same. So much for that.

Jan 31, 2012 at 12:34 PM Post #9 of 9
Buy a mac? :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back