Do your Sennheiser HD 558 foam make noise ?
Oct 22, 2014 at 12:01 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Campi

New Head-Fier
I have a quick question for Sennheiser HD 558 owner´s. I just bought a pair for 90€ and i think they are used even though they were advertised as new but whatever.

But my Velour foam earpads sound like there is some kind of plastic inside of them, as soon as u touch/squeeze them it sounds like u are squeezing a small plastic bag.
Is this normal ? Do you guys have that too ? Because everytime i move my jaw a little i get that annoying sound. Maybe iam overly sensitive because i used fidelio x1 before and they have memory foam inside. But it could be possible that a previous owner replaced those earpads.

Oct 22, 2014 at 4:21 PM Post #2 of 3
  I have a quick question for Sennheiser HD 558 owner´s. I just bought a pair for 90€ and i think they are used even though they were advertised as new but whatever.

But my Velour foam earpads sound like there is some kind of plastic inside of them, as soon as u touch/squeeze them it sounds like u are squeezing a small plastic bag.
Is this normal ? Do you guys have that too ? Because everytime i move my jaw a little i get that annoying sound. Maybe iam overly sensitive because i used fidelio x1 before and they have memory foam inside. But it could be possible that a previous owner replaced those earpads.

Maybe someone open the HD558s and removed the black rubber tape and did not put the cups fully back together?

Oct 22, 2014 at 5:01 PM Post #3 of 3
Nope they were still there, also i removed them now and everything is put together :)

Also i mean only the content of the velour pads. I also slightly touch the driver with my ear thus the pads aren't deep enough, i guess i just order new one and its gonna be okay.

Maybe someone with hd558 can do a quick test, squeeze the padding and tell me if u can hear noise and if its highpitched like plastic, sorry i dont know how to explain it correctly...bad englando.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back