Do your IEMs pop out when you smile, laugh?
Mar 14, 2006 at 11:34 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 28

akoustik

New Head-Fier
I have the UE Superfi 5Pro's and whenever I grin, laugh, etc. they pop out and become unsealed and I have to push them back in. I think this is because they're more "seal" earphones than true canalphones. Maybe my ears are just too slippery/lubricated? Anyway, my question is, which IEMs go in deep enough that I won't have this problem?

Apologies for the double entendres.
rolleyes.gif
icon10.gif
tongue.gif

Mar 14, 2006 at 11:52 PM Post #4 of 28
My ears are crazy supercalifragilistic clean though! My Doctor told me I had the cleanest ears she ever saw. I clean them everyday, so there!
tongue.gif

Can someone please answer if the E4C's or UM2's et al. go in a lot deeper than the UE's? Thanks!

Mar 14, 2006 at 11:56 PM Post #6 of 28
My e2cs would do that, then I switched to the soft sleeves. Never had that problem with hte foams though.

Garrett

Mar 15, 2006 at 12:08 AM Post #8 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by kramer5150
My e2cs would do that, then I switched to the soft sleeves. Never had that problem with hte foams though.

Garrett

Did you have the problem with the soft sleeves?

Mar 15, 2006 at 12:15 AM Post #9 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by Superpredator
Stop listening to funny music?

What, you don't have any music that makes you grin like a fool?
biggrin.gif
I do listen to Margaret Cho stand-up sometimes. She induces lots of IEM popping fun!

Mar 15, 2006 at 12:18 AM Post #10 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by akoustik
What, you don't have any music that makes you grin like a fool?
biggrin.gif
I do listen to Margaret Cho stand-up sometimes. She induces lots of IEM popping fun!

I guess The Streets can make me laugh sometimes. I must be too serious.

Mar 15, 2006 at 12:34 AM Post #13 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by mektarus
BTW, Akoustik, I know it always sounds a little cheesy when people ask this, but is your avatar a picture of you?

She's trying to contain a crazy grin in that picture. It must be her.

Mar 15, 2006 at 12:35 AM Post #14 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by mektarus
BTW, Akoustik, I know it always sounds a little cheesy when people ask this, but is your avatar a picture of you?

Yeah, it's me and my dearly departed k271s.
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 15, 2006 at 12:54 AM Post #15 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by akoustik
Yeah, it's me and my dearly departed k271s.
smily_headphones1.gif

HOW COULD YOU GET RID OF YOUR AKG K271S'S!!!!!

Just kidding, as I am looking into a new home can myself, but I need to do some research before I actually get rid of these babies....the lack of bass has finally gotten to me.

Oh and back to the subject... I haven't had much problems with IEM's popping out of my ears when I smile or laugh, although they popped out once when I held in a sneeze.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back