Do your IEM's make you shiver with pleasure?
Dec 25, 2008 at 11:36 PM Post #31 of 35
Well, I've caught myself doing that, too - sometimes. Especially when heavily concentrating on listening. So rest assured, you are not alone
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 25, 2008 at 11:47 PM Post #32 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by xz123 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, I've caught myself doing that, too - sometimes. Especially when heavily concentrating on listening. So rest assured, you are not alone
smily_headphones1.gif

biggrin.gif
ahhh relief! thanks, i dont need to see the doc afterall.

Dec 26, 2008 at 6:08 AM Post #33 of 35
I just got my UE 5s for christmas and couldn't be happier. They are my 2nd pair of good phones, with the first being Sennheiser 555s. A step up in SQ IMO.

The isolation is amazing, haven't had isolation in a while since Senns are open. I can now listen to high quality music in the car instead of crappy, uncomfortable ibuds.

Oh, and I haven't shivered yet, I started listening to Enya now, it sounds SO GOOD on these. I like acoustic also, but the sound with Enya seems to "flow" right out of the IEMs into my ears, like a strong and calm river.

Dec 26, 2008 at 6:19 AM Post #34 of 35
I take what I said about not shivering back lol. I was just listening to Suliman by Infected Mushroom and goosebumps went down my spine from all the impact and detail that went through my W3's.
L3000.gif

Dec 26, 2008 at 6:50 AM Post #35 of 35
I have to admit that this evening is the first time I've experienced this with my Westone 3s w/modified tri-flange tips (smallest flange cut off and stems shortened). It happened listening to Muse playing Supermassive Black Hole live at Wembley from the H.A.A.R.P. album. The source is FLAC archives of the disc, played via WASAPI output from foobar2000 with 96KHz upsampling via my PC's coax S/PDIF out to my Benchmark DAC1, which I use as a headphone amp for my home setup.

This is truly amazing sound!

-Ed

Users who are viewing this thread

Back