Do your IEM's make you shiver with pleasure?
Dec 25, 2008 at 6:24 AM Post #17 of 35
Not really.

I'm content with my HF5s, but I cannot say that I'm ecstatic, or even happy about them. They are such a step down from my AD700s in nearly every aspect except for isolation and portability.

All I know is I'm not buying earphones anymore. If I decide I need to upgrade my portable headphones, I will buy ESW9s.

Dec 25, 2008 at 9:20 AM Post #18 of 35
Yesterday I listened to Anjani's "blue alert" (very closely recorded acoustic with vocals) and the song about San Francisco on my Sony A808 with the Sleek Sa6s gave me goosebumps; beautiful!

Dec 25, 2008 at 11:24 AM Post #19 of 35
thanks for all replies guys, i shouldnt have really limited the question to IEM's, i suppose the question is what earphones really give you such a pleasurable sound that it causes involuntary motions.

such as the above comment ^^ goosebumps is exactly what i mean, its like a buzz you dont often get with speakers.

Dec 25, 2008 at 5:21 PM Post #20 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by jinx20001 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
such as the above comment ^^ goosebumps is exactly what i mean, its like a buzz you dont often get with speakers.

I can get it with anything that produces music as long as I'm comfortable, hence not with IEMs. I've gotten goosebumps listening to a crappy car cassette deck.

Dec 25, 2008 at 6:32 PM Post #21 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by scompton /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I can get it with anything that produces music as long as I'm comfortable, hence not with IEMs. I've gotten goosebumps listening to a crappy car cassette deck.

Well thats a different effect music is having on you i suspect, im talking about being amazed from a quality standpoint, we all ofcourse get a buzz when we hear music we like, we tend to turn it up and enjoy it more this way, but the question is do you ever get a buzz because of how good it sounds??

your typical tape deck and stock speakers are unlikely to give you the same buzz a full component system will give you, trust me those that have spent hundreds or even thousands on car audio will tell you.

Dec 25, 2008 at 6:52 PM Post #22 of 35
yes I have on many occasions; but it does help if the music is something that provokes memory. dont know about the teeth grinding though...... substance abuse???
tongue.gif

Dec 25, 2008 at 7:00 PM Post #23 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by qusp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
yes I have on many occasions; but it does help if the music is something that provokes memory. dont know about the teeth grinding though...... substance abuse???
tongue.gif

yes it seems somebody has been secretly spiking me with speed
ksc75smile.gif

Dec 25, 2008 at 7:10 PM Post #24 of 35
:cringe:
evil_smiley.gif
biggrin.gif
great music/gear is a wonderful substitute for .... well.....gear
tongue.gif
for me this stuff has become like how 'I imagine a drug must feel like'
tongue.gif
; its very addictive, obsessive and it drains my wallet
wink.gif

Dec 25, 2008 at 7:34 PM Post #25 of 35
Quote:

your typical tape deck and stock speakers are unlikely to give you the same buzz a full component system will give you, trust me those that have spent hundreds or even thousands on car audio will tell you.

That was my point. Equipment doesn't give me a buzz, music does, and it can thought crappy equipment. That's why I spend a lot more on music than on equipment. I've never had what audiophiles would think is a great system because I've always spent about 10 times more money on music than equipment.

I've noticed on the on the "How Many Tracks in your Library" thread that some people spend $5 plus per tracks on equipment and that truly amazes me. To me it's all about the music. Equipment is important, but it's secondary. Others have the opposite view, which is fine, just comprehensible to me
wink_face.gif

Dec 25, 2008 at 9:54 PM Post #27 of 35
I was listening to this track called 'Ticks and Leeches' by tool on my Denons and the guitar just like sliced my head in half. (In a fantastic way) and then I most definitely shivered!

Dec 25, 2008 at 10:46 PM Post #28 of 35
atsmile.gif
good to see you all having a warm hearted conversation about being sliced in half by guitars and stuff
popcorn.gif

i think you guys are correct about the actual music giving you a buzz but the weird thing i find with my music is because music sounds sooo good i dont actually mind what i listen to.

before i had expensive earphones i was very genre specific and listened strictly to what i like, but as ive spent more money on good components i find myself listening to anything just to enjoy how good it sounds, its bizzare but brilliant as it opens up a whole world of music you may never have heard before.

Dec 25, 2008 at 11:20 PM Post #29 of 35
Quote:

before i had expensive earphones i was very genre specific and listened strictly to what i like, but as ive spent more money on good components i find myself listening to anything just to enjoy how good it sounds, its bizzare but brilliant as it opens up a whole world of music you may never have heard before.

Yeah, I can relate to that quite well. Although my genre-specificness had broadened heavily even before
smily_headphones1.gif

Sometimes I just listen to certain tracks because they sound awesome - not because I like the music itself so much.
(Of course most of the time I still listen to music I like "musically".
smily_headphones1.gif

--

About the shivering: Jorane is an awesome canadian artist, when I listen to her music I simultaneously get shivers from the "musical" awesomeness as well as from the awesome sound. Cello has seldom been that absolutely great to listen to.

Dec 25, 2008 at 11:27 PM Post #30 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by qusp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
tongue.gif

i should point out that by grinding my teeth i dont actually mean i move my jaws and grind my teeth, if i did id have no teeth left by now lol, no what i tend to do is listen to music then as im listening im biting down hard, it may well be because im in pain due to the volume but so used to it i tend to ignore it lol sounds dangerous i know, but it just seems to happen when im using IEM's.

im a little bit worried nobody has chimed in yet and said ''HEY i do that too''
atsmile.gif
i dont want to be the only one plzzzzzz

Users who are viewing this thread

Back