Do you use full size headphones on your commute or in public?
Jan 21, 2012 at 12:29 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 34

DjAmTraX

Now known as: HiFiGuy528
I love the sound I get from full size headphones, but I worry about getting robbed.  I live in San Francisco and I take the bus everywhere.  Do you wear headphones on your commute or in public?  

Do you worry about getting robbed?  

Have you been robbed?

What do you use?  Model?

How do you store it?

What source do you use?

Jan 21, 2012 at 1:05 AM Post #2 of 34
I go out and about with headphones pretty rarely.  But when I do, it's always DJ headphones.  I use em for DJing, which I haven't done in quite a while; the building I live in has an area downstairs which serves coffee every day, and I frequently take my laptop and some DJ headphones; and I have traveled all over the place with them.  I have never been at risk for getting robbed, and I store them around my neck.  It's mostly been the Pioneer HDJ-1000.

Jan 21, 2012 at 1:10 AM Post #3 of 34
Yep, I use them all the time.  Primarily my HFI-780, SRH-940, and XB-500 through my iPod or Cowon X7.  I don't worry about getting robbed, but I suppose I don't really tend to be around more crime-ridden sections of town. 

Jan 21, 2012 at 1:23 AM Post #4 of 34
I rock my D7000's driven from my Cowon S9/FiiO e11. Being in public, there isn't really any fear of getting robbed, but it would definitely be unfortunate if something like that happened. I ride California's BART/AC Transit system daily; people tend to mind their own business

Jan 21, 2012 at 2:57 AM Post #5 of 34
Like the thieves know anything about headphones besides Beats?

I rock my Pro-900s outside when I walk around town. I just don't always feel like switching out the cables I use. I am trying to save up for another pair of cans, it's just other expenses getting in my way.

Jan 21, 2012 at 3:52 AM Post #7 of 34
I use HD25-1 II when out and about. I don't really think they'd get stolen that easily, they are way too ugly and they look like $10 headphones to people who don't know them. Their inconspicuous look really is a big plus IMO. 

I would be too scared to use any of my other cans outside, if only because of the chance of getting them scratched.

Jan 21, 2012 at 6:37 AM Post #8 of 34
I've been using SR225i's out and about for quite a while now (Northern England).
Personally I've never been scared of being robbed, not really thought about it though, I'm a fairly large guy and wouldn't hand over my possessions short of a gun being pulled on me anyway.
However if I was planning to walk through a known crime dense area I'd probably tuck them away and wear some back-up IEMs, but I've not had to do that yet.

Jan 21, 2012 at 7:03 AM Post #9 of 34
Do you worry about getting robbed? No. I don't believe any robber would be so idiotic as to rip my headphones off my ears, especially when the wire is reinforced, 2 metres long and plugged into my iPod. I would have enough reaction time to start a tug 'o war with the person.

Have you been robbed? Nope. My friend got his customs stolen though.

What do you use? Model? Audio Technica M50, Sennheiser HD25, Ultrasone HFI-580.

How do you store it? I usually just throw it into my bag. Tank headphones FTW :D

What source do you use? iPod. Sometimes I use my HTC.

Jan 21, 2012 at 9:37 AM Post #10 of 34
None of you are too concerned about being robbed.  Looks like I may just be too paranoid.  :)

Jan 21, 2012 at 11:48 AM Post #11 of 34

Quote:
None of you are too concerned about being robbed.  Looks like I may just be too paranoid.  :)

As long as you're not taking a late night stroll in a low-income neighborhood with your iPad and Beats headphone clearly exposed. 
wink.gif

Jan 21, 2012 at 1:38 PM Post #12 of 34
I don't go out with my headphones at all, mainly because I like to hear what's going on around be for safety purposes. But also because I don't want to cause any damage to my cord. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back