Do you use full size headphones on your commute or in public?
Jan 31, 2012 at 4:52 AM Post #31 of 34
I went to school in Newark a while back, one hell of a lot more dangerous than SF. I was never robbed though I did take precautions to avoid situations where I could be. Generally thieves are totally uneducated and if you avoid wearing anything that send obvious "Rob Me!! Rob Me!!" signals (Monster Beats, white earbuds, constantly talking on an iPhone in public, etc) you'll pass under the radar. I was walking around with custom-molded IEMs a lot and nobody noticed that I had headphones on much less what they were or how much they cost.

I did walk into my office with the HD650 on at one point, and my coworker immediately pointed at me saying "ET Phone Home!"

There was also an amazing story posted on HF archives where a member got mugged while wearing R10s, using them straight out of an old ipod. The mugger took the ipod and left the R10s (they cost $4k if you don't know), and best of all, the mugger couldn't figure out why the poor sob he just robbed couldn't stop laughing maniacally.

Jan 31, 2012 at 5:20 AM Post #32 of 34
i plan to use beyer dt880 pros when they get here, just ordered.

Jan 31, 2012 at 10:59 AM Post #34 of 34
When I had the M50s I had no problems wearing them out in the open. Now I find the Pro 900 a little too big to wear in public and the D2000 a little too big and not isolating enough. So nowadays I wear either the IE80 (IEMs) or HD25 (supras) outside and while the HD25 isn't even close to being of the same audio quality of the D2ks and Pro 900s to me, they are still portable and decent enough to wear when commuting.

I guess my point is that while I liked all my circumaurals better than my supras, I find the supras decent enough to wear while commuting. The upside to wearing supras when commuting is of course them being smaller, lighter and the HD25 isolates very well too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back